Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Top Ten Tuesday - Books That Make Me Smile

The top 10 weekly meme used to be hosted by The Broke and the Bookish they  handed over the reins to ThatArtsyReaderGirl who can be found HERE.  Each week she will focus on lists which cover various topics related to books and reading.

This week's topic is books that make me smile.  Should be easy enough which means I'll probably struggle!


Laura so kindly dedicated this book to my very own Booker T.!  See:

"In memory of Booker T.  Always loved, never forgotten, and forever in our hearts."


Years and years ago I remember running around with Mr. Barb one Saturday morning and picking up a new copy of this book for a reread (not this edition).  Then we went and got some of our favorite booze.  On the way home, it started to snow and proceeded to do so all weekend.  So I read my book, drank my drinks and had a jolly old time!


Mr. Barb got this book for me for Christmas the year after Prince passed. At the time, I didn't even know it existed.  Imagine that, a Prince book I wasn't aware of.  Such a thoughtful gift and I'm sure I smiled, after I cried a bit.


I dare you to read this and NOT smile.


I still can't watch the movie because I know I'll sob through the entire thing.  But Enzo always makes me smile.


So there you go - I gave you five.  And that actually took a lot of brain cells.  Thanks for stopping by!

17 comments:

  1. Had a feeling I'll find doggie books on your list! :D

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read Little Women yet, but I feel like it's going to be a comfort read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still haven't read The Art of Racing in the Rain, but I've seen the movie twice. I think it made me cry more than smile, though😁

    ReplyDelete
  4. they all look great, but enzo is so darn cute
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had to tweak this one this week...too many books make me smile for me to try and narrow a list down to ten. Love your choices!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tear up every time I see that dedication to Booker T...it's just an amazing thing for someone to do for you. An unexpected book gift is always good for a smile!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a nice thing for Laura to do.

    My TTT .

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw, that's so cool! What an awesome dedication!

    Enzo looks fun too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Most cozies make me smile. :) Other than that it's hard to pick out books that make me smile without using to many brain cells and I don't want too it hurts my head...hehehe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the Little Women story! Those bookish moments are the best ones!

    ReplyDelete
  11. There are some scenes in Little Women that definitely made me smile, too. :) Here's my TTT list this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's so sweet that Laura dedicated her book to Booker T! Can see why that one would make you smile. :) Easy choice there.

    Waaaait. What cover is that for The Art of Racing in the Rain? I've never seen it, but OMG I love it! it's so freaking cuuuute. I still haven't seen the movie yet, because I know I'm going to cry like the baby I am lol.

    ReplyDelete
  13. All of these sound great, but your Little Women story made me smile so big! That sounds like a perfect weekend. I reread Little Women this winter too, and though I don't think I made it nearly this cozy, it feels like a good time of year to settle in with it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. LITTLE WOMEN is a great choice! I've seen it on a number of lists today and no wonder, it's a sweet, poignant, funny book. One of my favorites.

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great list! I still need to read Little Women, but I loved the new movie!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ohmygosh, Booker's dedication is <3 I love the cover for The Art of Racing, though your write up makes me sad :(

    ReplyDelete
  17. Booker T was a very special boy, and I'm so happy I could make you smile.

    ReplyDelete