Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Top Ten Tuesday - Authors I've Read the Most Books By

The top 10 weekly meme used to be hosted by The Broke and the Bookish they  handed over the reins to ThatArtsyReaderGirl who can be found HERE.  Each week she will focus on lists which cover various topics related to books and reading.

This week we're looking at authors I've read the most books by.  I don't know how exact this will be but I do know off the top of my head some of my most popular ones.  So here we go!



Stephen King
I know that at last count, I've read somewhere around 55 books by King, and have even read several twice.  In fact, I'm reading one right now!

Charlaine Harris 
If I counted correctly, I've read at least 22 books by her as well as several collections which features stories by her.  I really wish that the Midnight, Texas series had more than three books though!

Kelley Armstrong
Kelley is definitely one of my favorite authors and I have so many books by her yet to read.  At last count I've read at least 24 by her and I loved all of them!

Hunter Shea
Anyone who visits the Farm regularly knows how much I love Shea.  I've read 13 books by him and have an arc of his newest not-so-patiently awaiting me!

Jenn McKinlay
Jenn writes on of my favorite cozy mystery series and there have been a few other books by here I've read here and there as well.  I think my last count was 13.

Dean Koontz
I used to read tons of Koontz before I started blogging or tracking my books on Goodreads.  Therefore I don't have an exact total but Goodreads is showing at least 14.

Laurell K. Hamilton
Man, I never realized how far I got with this series before I gave up because Anita Blake became too much for me.  I guess I read the first 12 books.  Go me!

Yasmine Galenorn
I love her urban fantasy and really want to read some more.  I've read at last 10 books by her and if you haven't checked her out, then you should.

Ilona Andrews
Thanks to Stormi and I reading the entire Kate Daniels series last year, plus a few more I've read here and there, I've read 16 books by this great duo!

Patricia Briggs
Nothing like a top ten list to remind you how far behind you are but I used to stay current on the Mercy Thompson books.  I've currently read 10 books by Briggs.



Gee, I did make it to 10!  Can't wait to see who made everyone's lists this month!



17 comments:

  1. I was so upset when I found out Goodreads discontinued their "most read" authors feature, otherwise I think I would have done this week's because the information would have been much easier to get. I have a feeling the authors' whose series I love will have an advantage though, Briggs and Jim Butcher etc. with 10+ books in their series. Wow, kudos to you for lasting so long with Anita Blake though, I think I gave up after 4 or 5 :P

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  2. 55 books from King??!! Wow! He is such a prolific writer. If I went all the way back to my childhood, though, I know I've read a ton by him, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great list. I know some of them only by name but have not read their books. Maybe I should go and discover some books *smile* Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My problem is that most of the authors where I've read tons of their books were before I started keeping track of my reading on Goodreads. I'm too tired to go back and count, lol. But you did great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not sure if my first comment went through due to some wonky computer stuff, so let's try this again. (Feel free to delete if this is a duplicate).

    Stephen King was on my list too!

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good job on you list! I've read a ton of Patricia Briggs's books. But only a few by King and Koontz. I should work on that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stephen King is on my list today, too, but I've only read about 11 of his. I read him more as a kid than I do now, so I couldn't remember exactly which books I've read and which I haven't. I know I haven't read 55 by him, though. WOW. I read a lot of Koontz during that phase, too, although it was long before blogs and Goodreads existed, so I have no idea which of his books I've read and which I haven't. Kelley Armstrong's Rockton series is one I enjoy. I'm not interested in her fantasy books, but I do like her crime fiction.

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been visiting here long enough to know King would be on your list, but 55...WOW. I'm impressed by all your counts, honestly, but I've been absolutely loving seeing who comes out on top from people who have a super-dominant name on their list, and so far I think Nora Roberts is the only author I've seen beat this number.

    Personally, I have read...1 King book and absolutely none from anyone else on this list. (No, wait, false: I read Dean Koontz's memoir about his dog, which was wonderful.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey you can jump back on the Mercy Thompson series with us doing the Read-slong. We're on Night Broken which is #8 right now.

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jenn McKinlay- her cozies always look so fun! I should try 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, 55 Stephen King books?!!? Jeez, I didn't realise how much he had written either. Koontz is an author I want to go back to -- Lightning is a book that has stayed with me for ages!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Koontz and King would definitely make my list, too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Many of these would be on my list too. And I'm still wanting to get to Brigg's books.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yep, Stephen King is my most-read author too. He has his own shelf in my bedroom.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  15. We certainly share a few authors on the list! I don't read Stephen King now but I did read all his early stuff. Hunter Shea did sneak onto the list and I have more of his to read which will be fun! I've got more Kelley Armstrong to read and I'm having fun re-reading Enid Blyton too!

    ReplyDelete