Wednesday, August 7, 2024

Feed Your TBR - Vera Wong's Guide to Snooping (on a Dead Man)

 

Can't Wait Wednesday, which I have adapted to better suit my blog as "Feed Your TBR" is a weekly meme hosted at Wishful Endings to spotlight highly anticipated books.  It is based on the Waiting on Wednesday meme which used to be hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.


April 1, 2025

FROM GOODREADS: Ever since a man was found dead in Vera's teahouse, life has been good. For Vera that is. She’s surrounded by loved ones, her shop is bustling, and best of all, her son, Tilly, has a girlfriend! All thanks to Vera, because Tilly's girlfriend is none other than Officer Selena Gray. The very same Officer Gray that she had harassed while investigating the teahouse murder. Still, Vera wishes more dead bodies would pop up in her shop, but one mustn't be ungrateful, even if one is slightly...bored.

Then Vera comes across a distressed young woman who is obviously in need of her kindly guidance. The young woman is looking for a missing friend. Fortunately, while cat-sitting at Tilly and Selena's, Vera finds a treasure Selena's briefcase. Inside is a file about the death of an enigmatic influencer—who also happens to be the friend that the young woman was looking for. 

Online, Xander had it a parade of private jets, fabulous parties with socialites, and a burgeoning career as a social media influencer. The only problem is, after his body is fished out of Mission Bay, the police can't seem to actually identify him. Who is Xander Lin? Nobody knows. Every contact is a dead end. Everybody claims not to know him, not even his parents.

Vera is determined to solve Xander's murder. After all, doing so would surely be a big favor to Selena, and there is nothing she wouldn't do for her future daughter-in-law.

WHY I CAN'T WAIT:  I loved the first Vera Wong book and although yes, it's technically a cozy mystery, it also had a great found family aspect which I love.  In addition, I love older characters in cozies!  

WHAT BOOK CAN'T YOU WAIT FOR THIS WEEK???

5 comments:

  1. I've heard a lot of good things about the first book. This is probably a series I'd love too:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I better hurry up and read the first one before I end up even farther behind! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one is on my TBR list too. I loved Vera and the family that grew around her in the first book. And I love that author's writing style. Hope we both love t!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am super excited about this one. I loved the first book in the series and can't wait to read this one. I was thrilled when I heard there would be another Vera Wong book. I hope you love it when you read it, Barb!

    ReplyDelete