Wednesday, August 28, 2024

Vamptember TBR

 


So, the quickest way for me to break a TBR is to make one but since Stormi and I are cohosting this challenge, I felt it was only appropriate that I share some vampire books on my "stack" which I might pull from starting September 1st.  They cover everything from middle grade to literary horror to some unusual finds on Kindle Unlimited.  I'm not providing full synopsis but only a sentence or two but if you click on the titles, they should take you over to Goodreads. And be sure to visit Stormi's booktube to see what she has planned.


Thirst - Mariana Yuszczuk, Heather Cleary:  This is a translated literary fiction book dubbed as "A breakout, genre-blurring novel from one of the most exciting new voices of Latin America’s feminist Gothic."

So Thirsty - Rachel Harrison: I have an arc of this one and have read from the author before.  I won't lie, I'm mainly picking it up for the cover.

Lucy Undying - Kiersten White: "Lucy Westenra has been a tragically murdered teen, a lonesome adventurer, and a fearsome hunter, but happiness always eluded her. Can she find the strength to destroy Dracula once and for all, or will her heart once again be her undoing?"

My Vampire Plus-One - Jenna Levine: I've been waiting for this sequel as Reginald was my favorite character from the first book.  So glad he got his own story.

A Bite Above the Rest - Christine Virnig: A MG book where a kid moves to a town that celebrates Halloween all year long and the mayor just might be a vampire.

Mistress of Lies - K.M. Enright: A vampy fantasy read.

Fang Fiction - Kate Stayman-London: A romance where the MC gets a chance to visit her favorite fantasy novel world, but it just happens to be filled with vampires.

Cloak of the Vampire - Sapir A. Englard: Don't know a lot about this one other than it a romantasy filled with vampires.

The Curse of Ana Dalca - D.S. Quinton: A KU find featuring historical vampires set in 1780 Romania.

Blood in the Water - Carolina Cruz: Another historic KU grab.  Apparently, I have a thing for fangs and ships.

American Ghoul - Michelle McGill-Vargas: Couldn't resist this quote "American Ghoul deftly combines horror and social commentary—with a dash of a buddy comedy—in an innovative twist on the vampire genre."

My Vampire vs Your Werewolf - Paul Tobin: Another MG that features my two favorite creatures.  What's not to love.  Plus, Stormi and I will be buddy reading this one.

Now I know I won't get all of these read but I at least hope to get Bingo on the Vamptember Bingo Board and enjoy a few others along the way.  If you missed my announcement post, you can check it out here.  The more the merrier so please join if you like!

    

5 comments:

  1. A Bite Above the Rest sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! This sounds like such a fun challenge! I have quite a few vampire books on my TBR.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to look at my September TBR and see what vampire review books I have. Definitely So Thirsty and Lucy Undying, but there may be more. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with all your vampire reads. I have at least two off your list.
    Lynn :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a fantastic list! I'm also hoping to read Lucy Undying, So Thirsty and American Ghoul.

    ReplyDelete