Wednesday, January 6, 2016
2015 Yearly Wrap Up!!!!
I was somewhat afraid to look back at last year's bookish resolution because I know I didn't do to well, but I also know I managed to accomplish a lot of other bookish related stuff so all in all, I am not too disappointed. Let's have a quick look back:
1. Meet my Goodreads Challenge of 66 books - COMPLETED! I read 118 books last year - probably because I discovered graphic novels.
2. Read and review 15-20 ARCS - COMPLETED! I managed to read and review 48 ARCS. I am thrilled with this one
3. Set up a TBR Jar and pick/read one per month - NOPE, didn't get past February.
4. Read and review on dog related title each month - COMPLETED! This was easily accomplished and it was fun to allow Booker T and sometimes Cassius to give their thoughts as well.
5. Complete at least 3 series - NOPE, but I did finish the Sookie Stackhouse series.
6. Participate in "Hail to the King!" challenge - NOPE.
I guess I didn't do too badly. I upped this year's Goodreads Challenge to 100, added several more challenges and still want to read/review one dog related title each month. I am doing away with the TBR jar and if I complete any series, so be it. Here is a break-down of what I read so I can honestly say I read a variety of different things in 2015 which I want to maintain that as well.
ADULT BOOKS READ: 51
YOUNG ADULT BOOKS READ: 26
MIDDLE GRADE BOOKS READ: 6
GRAPHIC NOVELS READ: 25
NON-FICTION BOOKS READ: 10
As mentioned, I accomplished several things which weren't part of my goals.
1. Made some new friends through blogging.
2. Commented more on other blogs.
3. Did my first author interview.
4. Received my first physical copy ARC in the mail.
5. Was asked to co-host a reading challenge in 2016.
6. Did my first blogging/book Christmas exchange.
Gee, I was kind of dreading doing this post but now that I finally bit the bullet and did it, I am so glad. I actually didn't do too shabby. How did you guys do this past year?