Thursday, January 7, 2016

2015 Yearly Wrap Up!!!!


I was somewhat afraid to look back at last year's bookish resolution because I know I didn't do to well, but I also know I managed to accomplish a lot of other bookish related stuff so all in all, I am not too disappointed.  Let's have a quick look back:

1.  Meet my Goodreads Challenge of 66 books - COMPLETED!  I read 118 books last year - probably because I discovered graphic novels.
2. Read and review 15-20 ARCS - COMPLETED!  I managed to read and review 48 ARCS.  I am thrilled with this one
3. Set up a TBR Jar and pick/read one per month - NOPE, didn't get past February.
4. Read and review on dog related title each month - COMPLETED!  This was easily accomplished and it was fun to allow Booker T and sometimes Cassius to give their thoughts as well.
5. Complete at least 3 series - NOPE, but I did finish the Sookie Stackhouse series.
6. Participate in "Hail to the King!" challenge - NOPE.

I guess I didn't do too badly.  I upped this year's Goodreads Challenge to 100, added several more challenges and still want to read/review one dog related title each month.  I am doing away with the TBR jar and if I complete any series, so be it.  Here is a break-down of what I read so I can honestly say I read a variety of different things in 2015 which I want to maintain that as well.

ADULT BOOKS READ: 51
YOUNG ADULT BOOKS READ: 26
MIDDLE GRADE BOOKS READ: 6
GRAPHIC NOVELS READ: 25
NON-FICTION BOOKS READ: 10

As mentioned, I accomplished several things which weren't part of my goals.

1.  Made some new friends through blogging.
2.  Commented more on other blogs.
3.  Did my first author interview.
4.  Received my first physical copy ARC in the mail.
5. Was asked to co-host a reading challenge in 2016.
6. Did my first blogging/book Christmas exchange.

Gee, I was kind of dreading doing this post but now that I finally bit the bullet and did it, I am so glad.  I actually didn't do too shabby.  How did you guys do this past year?



4 comments:

  1. Congrats on meeting most of your 2015 bookish goals, Barb! It's always difficult to know at the beginning of the year just how things will go, but still, having a plan is good :)
    I could never do the TBR jar thing, I'm such an emotional / mood reader I think I would end up not liking more of the books I read if I tried doing it.
    Have a great rest of the week :)
    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you did very well last year! :) I tried a TBR jar and I put more back in the jar than I read cause I'm a mood reader...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I failed my series catch up plan for the fourth year running! But it's all the fault of authors and their shiny new books! Congrats on the targets you reached!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you did pretty good with your goals! I'm so lame - I didn't even set any goals. One thing I did do though in 2015 was keep a list of everything I read in 2015. I was hoping I'd average at least one book every 2 weeks and I managed to do that! (Which was good for me compared to how little I'd managed to read the year before that. I need to keep trying to make more time to read!)

    ReplyDelete