Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday (39)



"Waiting on" Wednesday" is weekly meme hosted over at Breaking the Spine which spotlights upcoming anticipated releases. 








 
February 16, 2016 (ebook)
FROM GOODREADS: Danielle Paige delivers a dark and compelling reimagining of a beloved classic, perfect for fans of Cinder by Marissa Meyer, Beastly by Alex Flinn, and Wicked by Gregory Maguire.

When the Cowardly Lion set off for the Emerald City in The Wonderful Wizard of Oz with Dorothy and the others, he sought courage above all else. This digital original novella is the sixth installment in the prequel arc to the edgy and thrilling New York Times bestsellers Dorothy Must Die and The Wicked Will Rise, and is the Lion’s story after he got what he’s always wanted.

The Lion’s wish has finally come true—he is the courageous ruler of the forest and all of its beasts. But the Lion is bored—he misses the days of his adventures with Dorothy, the Tin Woodman, and the Scarecrow. When Glinda the Good Witch shows up unexpectedly and tasks him with a mission back in the Emerald City, he jumps at the chance to do something exciting, even though he knows she’s not telling him the entire truth.


WHY I'M WAITING: I'm gonna be honest here.  Have I even started this series?  Nope.  Is it high on my priority to read?  Not really.  HOWEVER, I love this cover, and get this,  it's just the cover for the ebook version so I can't even physically possess it.  Nonetheless, I am still waiting on it because I love lions, and we used to call our first boxer "Big Cat" because he was regal like a lion so lions have a dear place in my heart.

What are you waiting for this week?  Bet you have a better reason than I do!

 

9 comments:

  1. Oh I am really enjoying this series and can't wait for the second novella bind up to come out or the third book! My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep meaning to read this series. I love The Wizard of Oz and just the idea of a re-telling is exciting for me. I look forward to your review when you do get a chance to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL I love that you're waiting on a book in a series you haven't started simply because you love the cover! That's good stuff, Barb! :D I'm waiting on The Glittering Court by Richelle Mead. Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all things Oz...I even have some vignettes with the characters....

    Enjoy! Here's mine: “THE OBSESSION”

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pick! I am so behind of reading this series I only read the first book and novella, I really need to remedy this. I try to see if my library has them but no they don't ugh. So I have to wait to see if I can buy them one by one. I hope you enjoy this book my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this reminds me that I still need to read this series! In my RL YA book club I tried to suggest it to read, but no one else was interested. Boo! I hope you enjoy this one when you get to read it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read this series yet either, but I'm thinking of it. I hope you'll enjoy this when the time comes though. Thanks for sharing, and for stopping by my WoW earlier. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG, AWESOME PICK!! I LOVE The Cowardly Lion from the 1939 movie!! (Sadly, I haven't read any of L. Frank Baum's Oz books, not to mention this new series...)

    I need to add this series to my TBR right away! (And also the original books, lol.) Thanks for featuring this book!!

    Also, thanks for stopping by and commenting on my own WOW post!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lol. I haven't read this series yet, either, but that is an awesome cover. I do own the first book...I just haven't gotten to it yet.

    ReplyDelete