Friday, January 8, 2016

January 2016 TBR(P)


Well, it's a new year and of course in January, everyone wants to read as many books as possible and kick off the year right.  I would say I was probably 50% successful with my TBR(P) - where P stands for POTENTIALS - last year but I did find it was a nice way to look at what ARCs or library books needed to be read, and a decent reference throughout the month.  And even though I never completed all 12, it was a good number to chose from (and of course some randoms reads always get thrown in here or there, because as much as I like lists, I am also a mood reader).  So anyway, here it goes! (click on link to go to Goodreads description).


Bazaar of Bad Dreams The Dark Days Club The Dogs of Littlefield The Secrets of Lizzie Borden
Medusa's Web The Big Rewind Blacksad Ghost Heart
The Alpha Drive Envy of Angels Lustlocked Orphan Black

Of course, I haven't really included any "dog-themed" books for Booker T to review, and I really want him to continue on with that so he can enhance his skills, so I will have to see what I can throw in. He may end up commenting on Blacksad or The Dogs of Littlefield, even if it really isn't about dogs from what I can tell so far.  I've also already read The Bazaar of Bad Dreams and The Dark Days Club since this is getting posted late. 

What are you reading this month?  Have you finished any of these?  Does anyone know anything about Blacksad - this hardback, beautifully illustrated graphic novel I grabbed from the library on a whim?


5 comments:

  1. I'm still in the middle of a zombie obsession with the odd EMP or other such apocalypse thrown in for good measure! I haven't read any of the books on your list as I tend to hunt down previously released books to get them cheap so I don't have contact with many ARCs unless an author asks me to read one. A few of these look pretty interesting though! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oo I hope you read The Dark Days Club! I'm excited about that one and really want to know how it is :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finished it and really liked it. My non- spoiler review is set to go live tomorrow!

      Delete
  3. TBR(P) huh? I like it! My to-read on goodreads is a mess with books I randomly see there that sound good vs what I actually have on hand to read. Great idea!
    A few of these look good and now I must goodreads investigate some. Starting with that lizard cover!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many of these appeal to me, but especially The Secrets of Lizzie Borden. As far as dog themed books go, Emotive is releasing in April. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete