Saturday, January 30, 2016

Stacking the Shelves (50) - I Think I Just Want ALL the Books!


Stacking the Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves or TBR piles, may it be physical or virtual.  This means you can include books you buy in a physical store, online, books you borrow from the library or friends, review books, gifts and of course, ebooks! The original meme was started over at Tynga's Reviews.  Clicking on the book should take you to the Goodreads page. 

Life has been a tad stressful lately.  Nothing major, just some work stuff, but I think it has caused me to accumulate a tad more than I hoped.  However, I still haven't spent much money on my hauls so all in all, everything is still good.  Oh well, I've said it before and I'll say it again, there are worse habits.

I purchased the following physical copies:


House of Leaves Earnest Pride and Prejudice and Zombies Fifteen Dogs


Then I one-clicked the following (but they were each under $3.00 at the time). 
I am pretty sure I have seen The Night Watch as a foreign film several years ago but maybe I am mistaken. I also believe The Devil's Wire was free when I grabbed it.


The Uninvited The Night Watch The Silent End The Devil's Wire


 And then there are the ARCs I received. I swear, few of these I requested some time ago and they were just approved, so I had just assumed I had been denied (I find Edelweiss is bad about that).  Curiosity Quills sent me a copy of Deadgirl as they are sending me the sequel when I come out - how nice of them to help me catch up.  However, there is one score in here which I am shocked as all get out that I actually received only a day after I sent the request.

Deadgirl Tell the Wind and Fire Asteroid Made of Dragons Holding Court
My Best Friend's Exorcism Devil's Rock The Other Widow Spill Simmer Falter Wither



AND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

The Fireman

That's me and the pups doing the happy dance! 
 So what did you guys add to your shelves this week?  Leave a comment so I can make sure to stop by your post.

13 comments:

  1. Yes, I understand wanting all the books. I have a bit of an addiction as well.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. Book grabbing is good therapy for stressful times. Every time I even have a bad moment in a day I start searching for free zombies to cheer me up! I plan to do that tonight especially if my football team get beat like on most Saturdays...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like that some days, that I just want all the books. Edelweiss just put a stock of new Harper Collins out and I am auto approved and so now I have to browse carefully, so I don't go wild...lol. I got The Fireman too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great haul! Hope you enjoy your books.

    Diane @ Diane's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got The Fireman this week and was happily surprised about it. It looks like you added a pretty good variety of books this week. Hope things calm down at work for you. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great haul! Tell the Wind and Fire sounds so amazing! Enjoy!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great haul! I've read Pride and Prejudice and Zombies when it came out but I remember not being impressed by it. I am looking forward to the movie, though. I hope you will enjoy all the books on your list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow that's some amazing books you got this week! I hope you enjoy them all. Happy reading :)

    Sofia @ SofiaLovesReading

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holy book haul.You have a lot of good books coming up :). I haven't read any of the Pride & Prejudice & Zombie type books yet. I'm always afraid that I wont get as much as I should out of them because I never read the original book.

    That is awesome about Dead Girl. On Netgalley, it seems they forget to put that a book is a sequel and I'm left confused.. For the author/publicist to send you the first along with the sequel is not only super considerate, but helps them with a better review too.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great haul! I want to read the Joe Hill, too. Have a great week of reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome haul! I hear ya about work stress. I'm totally feeling it lately too. The weekends are no where near long enough to recover from the work week. Hope things get less stressful for you. Enjoy your new reads :)

    Here's my StS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice variety. Something there should help rid of stress. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sometimes we all go through periods where we procure lots and lots of books, Barb. And really, do we need a reason? *ha* I hope you'll enjoy all your new lovelies. I read P&P&Zombies when it released...I'm a huge P&P fan and was pretty pleased with the zombie version. I'm hoping to take my girls to see the movie. :) Anyway, I hope you're having a great week so far. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete