Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday (37)



"Waiting on" Wednesday" is weekly meme hosted over at Breaking the Spine which spotlights upcoming anticipated releases. 






******************************************************************************************************
March 22, 2016
FROM GOODREADS:  Jen Noonan’s father thinks a move to Harmony House is the key to salvation, but to everyone who has lived there before, it is a portal to pure horror.

After Jen’s alcoholic mother’s death, her father cracked. He dragged Jen to this dilapidated old manor on the shore of New Jersey to “start their new lives”—but Harmony House is more than just a creepy old estate. It’s got a chilling past—and the more Jen discovers its secrets, the more the house awakens. Strange visions follow Jen wherever she goes, and her father’s already-fragile sanity disintegrates before her eyes. As the forces in the house join together to terrorize Jen, she must find a way to escape the past she didn’t know was haunting her—and the mysterious and terrible power she didn’t realize she had.

A classic horror story finds a terrifying home in Harmony House, drawing on favorite tropes and edgy, modern characters to create a chilling tale of blame, guilt, and ghostly revenge.


WHY I'M WAITING:  That cover looks really creepy and my love of horror really came back in full force in 2015 so I can't wait to pick this one up.  I will admit it sortof reminds me of  the Asylum series by Madeleine Roux but they don't really sound anything alike.  I'm interesting in giving it a chance at least!

10 comments:

  1. That does sound rather creepy! You know I haven't read a ton of creepy/horror type stories and think I'd like to chance that so I might have to look into this one. My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, a haunting! I love horror and ghost stories. I'm so glad you shared this, because I hadn't heard of it until now. Adding it to my TBR list! Thanks for sharing! Great pick! Here's my WoW. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this one to review and can't wait to read it. I am trying to hold off till closer to the release date but the way my reading is going right now I am about to just jump into what I am a in the mood with and forget about their release dates. I can always write the review and hold it for later. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one sounds great. I LOVE horror. :) Here's my wow http://angelerin.blogspot.com/2016/01/waiting-on-wednesday-14-days-to-die-by.html?m=0

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like it's too creepy for me..... I do like ghost stories, but only if they're romantic. For instance, I read a book titled "Tryst" years ago, which I recently re-read, and it's a GREAT story! It's not that well-known, which I find rather puzzling. it's a very sweet ghost love story with AWESOME characters, so I highly recommend it to you! Check to see if your local library has it.

    I hope you enjoy this one! Thanks for commenting on my own WOW!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one sounds pretty creepy/good....and what a cover! Thanks for sharing, and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That cover is SUPER creepy! This one sounds great!!

    Thanks for stopping by <a href="http://booksconsidered.blogspot.com/2016/01/waiting-on-wednesday-jane-steele-by.html”><b>my WoW</a></b>!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am getting all my creepy book recommendations from your blog :) Thanks! This looks really great.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. Harmony House sounds deliciously creepy, Barb! I hope you'll get your hands on it fairly soon. And that the horror of it will be as good as you expect.
    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohh Great pick this is the first time I heard about this book, plus it's horror and set in NJ yes please! Now I really want to check this one out as well. Thank you for stopping by my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete