Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday (38)



"Waiting on" Wednesday" is weekly meme hosted over at Breaking the Spine which spotlights upcoming anticipated releases. 





*******************************************************************************************************
September 2, 2016
 FROM GOODREADS: From the author of the New York Times bestselling Undead novels comes a delightfully addictive new series about past lives and bad habits—and one woman paranormally predisposed to getting at the bottom of both. It’s her job.
 
You couldn’t arrest someone for killing in a past life. You couldn’t bring a civil suit against them, either. They could only be legally penalized for what they did this time around—and what a dark circus the legal system had been before that legislation passed! (It was still a dark circus, but perhaps not as dark.)  But you could spot them, and watch them. You could set traps for them.
 
Leah Nazir is an Insighter. Reincarnation is her business. But while her clients’ pasts are a mess, Leah’s is nothing short of tragedy. She’s been murdered. A lot. If left to that bitch, destiny, it’ll happen again. Leah wants to know who’s been following her through time, and who’s been stalking her in the present...

P.I. Archer Drake has been hired by Leah’s mother to keep an eye on her. But the more time he spends watching, the more he finds himself infatuated. Before long, he even finds himself agreeing to help find the person who wants her dead. Over and over again.

Now going full-on “rewind,” Leah hopes it can stave off the inevitable. After all, she’s grown fond of this life—and even fonder of nerdy Archer. But changing her pattern means finding out who her killer is today. And as Leah fears, that could be anyone she has come to know and trust. Anyone.


WHY I'M WAITING:  Although the Queen Betsy novels have gotten a tad "out there,"  and I have to admit the Queen Betsy books remain a guilty read for me and I grab the news one from my library when I see them - I can't help it.   Soooo, I am really excited to see what Davidson can do with a new series.  

What are you waiting for this week? 
 

12 comments:

  1. Nothing wrong with having a guilty pleasure I'm glad you can still enjoy the books if they make you happy. Glad to hear a new series might be a new and even better start for you with this author! My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...I love catching the first book of a new series. I haven't really read Mary Janice Davidson before (maybe a short story or two?). I will be looking out for this one. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deja Who looks amazing! Can't wait to read it.

    My WoW post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am always fascinated by stories that have a past lives twist. Thanks for sharing. Here's mine: “JUST FALL”

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really need to try out one of her books! Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My daughter reads the Betsy series, I'm pretty sure. I'll have to tell her about this new one. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds really good! Thanks for sharing, I'm going to add this to my TBR! It sounds pretty original too. Great pick! Thanks for visiting my WoW! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never heard of this series. Looks interesting!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This author is new to me, but this sounds really interesting. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Reincarnation! This is fascinating, I haven't read something with reincarnation like EVER, and I love that she looks at past lives! Going to have to look this one up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really interesting pick . I haven't read a reincarnation novel in a while. Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a new twist on the murder mystery! I like the twist, too! I'm not much for reading mysteries (except for Sherlock Holmes, lol), but this particular one sounds SO fascinating, because of the whole reincarnation angle! Inspired pick, Barb!! Going straight onto my Goodreads shelves!!

    BTW, sorry for the late comment back....life sometimes intervenes....

    Thanks for visiting and commenting on my own WOW post!! : )

    ReplyDelete