Saturday, January 2, 2016

Stacking the Shelves (47) The Christmas Haul


Stacking the Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves or TBR piles, may it be physical or virtual.  This means you can include books you buy in a physical store, online, books you borrow from the library or friends, review books, gifts and of course, ebooks! The original meme was started over at Tynga's Reviews.  Clicking on the book should take you to the Goodreads page.

I hope everyone has had a great holiday.  I have to head back to work on Monday, but it has been fun hanging with family, especially the hubby and the pups.  We were all very blessed and I was provided with plenty of things to read while husband fought zombies over the past few days on his new PS4 (I don't think I surprised him but he loves it anyway!)

I received some money from my wonderful 94 year old grandfather which was earmarked for new books so here's what I managed to snag:

 Harry Potter
The New illustrated Harry Potter.  I have wanted it since it was released and I will probably reread it in 2016.  I will always think of Grandpa when I enjoy this beautiful book!









 Looking for Mr. Good Witch
I really enjoyed the first book in The Retired Witches Mysteries and when I saw this, couldn't resist grabbing it.










 Heart Shaped Box
I read this years and years ago and don't remember much except that I love it.  I don't reread very often, but really do want to pick this one up again.  Plus, I never owned my own copy and Joe Hill deserves to sit on the same bookshelf as his father.








Guess it's about time I jumped on this bandwagon along with the rest of the universe.  I don't know that I will love it as much as everyone else does, especially since ACOTAR fell short for me, but I will give it a go!









 And my wonderful husband, Booker T and Cassius hooked me up with the following:

 Cujo

One of the few King books I never owned or read.  Somehow the family managed to find the cutest hardback edition.  It's the size of a mass market paperback but is hardback.  I still can't get over how cute it is.  I may have to hunt down more editions like it if there are any to be had.  Anybody know anything about them?






 The Bazaar of Bad Dreams
Have spent most of New Year's Day reading this beauty.  May even get it get it finished before the day is complete.










 Queen of the Tearling
Even though I have this on my Kindle, this is one that I definitely wanted a copy of....though I have no real reason why.











 The Walking Dead
This behemoth now sits on the shelf beside Vol 1 and Vol 2 and maybe someday, I will actually read them.










 Winter
Now my series is complete!












So what did you guys add to your shelf this week?  Leave a comment so I can make sure to drop by your blog!


12 comments:

  1. You had a great book haul and got some great ones for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great haul!! I really enjoyed Joe Hill's The Heart Shaped Box. This is the year I will finally start readying the Throne of Glass series. I've been wanting to for so long but I always get caught up with other reads. The Illustrated Harry Potter is fantastic!
    Hope you enjoy all your new books :) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to head back to work on Monday too. I'm glad you had a nice break with your husband and pups. I seriously want that Illustrated Harry Potter so badly. It's gorgeous. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love my HP illustrated edition! It's so beautiful. I'm also working my way through Winter and WOW is all I can say. You know I keep seeing people with Stephen King books on their lists here and there but I have yet to read anything by him. A shame I know. My Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  5. The HP Illustrated Edition looks so awesome. I hope you enjoy all your new books.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that illustrated Harry Potter...but now I'm worried where to store the whole series. I dread to think what size The Order of the Phoenix is going to be!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cujo is classic, and illustrated Harry Potter NICE!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Throne of Glass! I have yet to check out the rest of the series. Happy reading!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome haul!!! The illustrated HP is beautiful!
    I've also read "Heart-shaped box" years ago. I bought it because I've heard really good things about it, but I didn't like it so it ended up in my local library...

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful Christmas it must have been! There are some wonderful books here. I have some catching up to do on The Lunar Chronicles. I would love to read some of Stephen Kings older pubs. I look forward to seeing what you think of Cujo. I don't know anything about them, but I did see an edition like the one your talking about. They are great, aren't they? I love those little hardbacks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm jealous of your book haul! I'm embarrassed to say that I didn't know about Joe Hill before this post, but Heart-Shaped Box sounds like a good read. Hope you enjoy!

    94 years is an accomplishment! Wish your family the best in health and joy this new year :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome haul this week! I am going to try to read Throne of Glass this year too!
    Check out my STS

    ReplyDelete