Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday - I Promise to Read These Books Next Year!






This top 10 weekly meme is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and can be found HERE.  Each week they focus on lists which cover various topics related to books and reading. This week is all about New Year's Resolutions so I am making a list of the Top Ten Books I Promise to Read in 2016!

Sure I will...seems it was on some list last year as well!
No excuse since I now have my own copy.
I've owned this one for years - don't know why I haven't read it yet.
I think I bought this the same time I bought The Night Circus - years I tell ya!
Do I really have to add an explanation?  This probably won't even be opened if I am being truthful.
Wanted to read this for years.  Never have watched the Netflix series.
Plus the other last 3 in the series.  I LOVE this series but hate to see it end. 
No words....simply no words.
Great series - I just need to read this last one.
Always wanted to start this series - why not make this year the year?
I can't resist this one...it's been on the TBR forever!
OK, so apparently I can't count count.  Guess you are getting a bonus selection.  So, what kind of bookish resolutions are you making this year?  Have you read any of these?  Leave a comment so I can be sure to stop by your blog!


12 comments:

  1. I don't think Game of Thrones is for me, I hear to many characters die, I would get mad...lol. I have Outlander on ebook and audio, so maybe some day....lol. I have always wanted to read that series by Kevin Hearne too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stormi, I have watched the Game of Thrones on HBO and yea, a lot of people die. Watching the series first would usually mean I don't care to read the series, but this one is so in depth and complicated, not to mention the pronunciations are HORRIBLE to sound out, that I actually think watching it first might make the books more enjoyable. But as for the deaths, the series totally ripped out my heart in the last episode last year!

      Delete
  2. So excited to see the horror titles on your list. Cujo is a good one from Stephen King. My favorite from him is CHRISTINE. Joe Hill is fantastic! I hope you love NOS4A2. There's also a graphic novel/comic that goes with it. It's called WRAITH: WELCOME TO CHRISTMASLAND. SO GOOD. Joe Hill also has another book coming out this May called THE FIREMAN. Happy 2016!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to read The Night Circus and anything by Joe Hill this year. You've got a great list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I reeeeaaaallly need to read The Night Circus too. I mean, I don't own it, but I have been talking about it for the past six months, so it's still pretty bad that I haven't read it yet lol. I also would like to try Outlander because I haven't heard THAT much, but what I have heard has got me interested. And, I mean, I would get to listen to Scottish accents in my head, so... (I actually read a historical paranormal romance yesterday with Scottish men, and I think I'm getting better at the accent lol.)

    Great list, and good luck reading all the books :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely loved Outlander. I know it's huge, but if yu can find the time to read it, I think you wouldn't regret it. I loved NOS4A2 also. I've never read Cujo, though it's been on my radar for years. I hope you are able to read all of these this year, and that you enjoy them as well! Here's my TTT. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read The Night Circus and really enjoyed it. It was slow in places, but it definitely builds as you read. I've heard great things about Outlander and Game of Thrones. They are both on my TBR list. I hope you enjoy all of these this year. Thanks for stopping by my TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read The Night Circus and it was one of my favourite reads of 2015! It also took me a long time to read it, possibly because I didn't know what to expect from it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. N0S4A2 was a great read. I really want to hear your thoughts on it :) Good luck with all your reads!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Night Circus is one of my favorite books of all time! I also read the first three books in the Game of Thrones/Song of Ice and Fire series, but I don't feel like I will be reading the next ones any time soon, just because they are way too much work, and I don't have that much fun reading them... Anyway but I recommend that you read The Night Circus!

    Bruna @ Bruna Writes

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want to read a Stephen King book, have been wanting to for years but I just don't know which one to try and start lol.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you manage to finish all these this year!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/01/05/top-ten-tuesday-38/

    ReplyDelete