Monday, October 1, 2018

September 2018 Monthly Wrap-Up


So I actually didn't think I read that much in September but am pleasantly surprised to find that I read 10 things this past month.  A lot of what I read was horror so I guess you could say I got an early start on October.  Anyway, on with the books!!!!

Providence: Caroline Kapnes 5/5
The Cheerleaders: Kara Thomas 4/5
Burnt Offerings: Robert Marasco 3/5
The Cabin at the End of the World: Paul Tremblay 3/5
Giant Days: Non Pratt 2/5
The Moor: Sam Haysom 4/5
Campfire: Shawn Sarles 4/5
We Are Where the Nightmares Go: C. Robert Cargill 4/5
Ten Thousand Thunders: Brian Trent 3/5
Miao Dao: Joyce Carol Oates 4/5

So I had some pretty good reads this month and I could easily say "Providence" was my fave.  That being said, I'd recommend "Campfire" for a fun campy read and "We Are Where the Nightmares Go" is a great short-story collection.  My biggest disappointments were "Giant Days" and "The Cabin at the End of the World."

So how was your reading in September????

21 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great month. I really need to read Providence very soon. Have a great October!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!! Love seeing all the high ratings! Happy October!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! I enjoyed Providence too. What a strange and fun book!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wasn't it? But man I loved it. I need to get busy on my review.

      Delete
  4. You did great! I've been reading a bunch of horror too. Strange that I don't have nightmares. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we are immune at this point don't you?

      Delete
  5. It looks like you had a pretty good month in terms of good reads. If I didn't have so many books I needed to get to in September, I might have started early on the creepy reads too. Happy October, Barb!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to see what you read in October.

      Delete
  6. September wasn't bad as reading goes but I have higher hopes for October with all these horror offerings on my list! I plan to read Cabin next month for my November New-To-Me Authors but I have seen very mixed reviews of it so I'm forewarned!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy it. Most people loved it so I'm definitely the odd one out there.

      Delete
  7. Wow, 10, that's awesome! Providence is definitely on my list to read at some point😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you'd really enjoy it and I'd love to hear your thoughts.

      Delete
  8. Providence was so lovely! It looks to me like you had a great month of reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did. I remembered how much you loved it which is one reason I bumped it up so quickly.

      Delete
  9. Congrats on reading 10 things. I’m hoping to read a lot of horror this month. Happy October!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, 10 books is definitely impressive and well done on sneaking a march on October style reads.
    Lynn :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Of course, who needs October as an excuse to read horror - not me!

      Delete
  11. Ten books is fabulous! I hope October is good for you, too. 📚

    ReplyDelete