Saturday, October 13, 2018

Weekly Reads/Stacking the Shelves/Sunday Post (10/13/18)


So I've basically decided to combine posts when able and separate them when I want.  In other terms, I'm gonna go with the flow.  So it finally cooled down here toward the end of the week and while I'm in no hurry for winter, I can deal with not sweating to death.  But Weather Gods, if you are listening, I'm in no hurry to shiver all the time either!  I have to admit the boys seem to like the cooler temperatures more plus they are good snugglers.  Well, at least Cass is a good snuggler, T doesn't snuggle much unless there is food involved.

Movie and TV wise there isn't much to report.  We watched the new Netflix film, Benevolent and it was okay.  It was definitely one of those films where I was rooting for some characters to die.  We also watched an older horror film from 1974 called "Let Sleeping Corpses Lie."  I have to admit it was pretty entertaining. 

Also, The Walking Dead started back up and after watching the first episode, I have hopes that this year may be the resurgence it is desperately in need of. I hope to get some reading done this weekend and with the cooler temps, it perfect for books, booze and blankets. Gee, that sounds like a new winter feature. Do I see a renaming of my weekend post in the future??? Here's what I hope to read and at least finish one of them.



Stacking the Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves or TBR piles, may it be physical or virtual.  This means you cans you cam include books you buy in a physical store, online, books you borrow from the library or friends, review books, gifts and of course, ebooks! The original meme was started over at Tynga's Reviews. And it now has a new co-host where individuals can link up as well - Marlene from Reading Reality.  Clicking on the book (or title) should take you to the Goodreads page.  I'm also now linking up with the Sunday Post which is hosted by Kimberly@Caffeinated Book Reviewer.

So of course I added a few books this week.  What else is new?  I picked up "An Easy Death" as it was a new addition to my library and I had requested it.  I bought "In Dog We Trust" after seeing it on Laura's blog.  Thanks Laura!  And "The Fade" and "Slender Man" were received for review.


So what books did you add this week and do you have any fun plans for the upcoming days???

42 comments:

  1. I like that...books, booze and blankets! I really want to read a good book about the Slender Man but all the ones I see sound like YA rather than mega scary horror!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hopeful for this one but also slightly worried. Especially because it's written by "Anonymous."

      Delete
  2. Books, booze, and blankets sounds like my kind of weekend! I definitely enjoy the chillier temperatures over summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I picked up The Revenant (some say the movie is better, we'll see), Peril in Silver Nightshade (a mystery by Lakota Grace), and a you-can-do-it cheerleading go-for-it book called Volcanic Momentum by Jordan Ring.

    Gosh, I'll need some volcanic momentum to read all these books before NaNoWriMo starts (yes, I'm participating this year).

    Books, Booze, and Blankets would be a great weekend post! For the winter especially, it's coffee instead of booze for me because I like to wrap my hands around a warm mug while I read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I drink more coffee once it cools as well. Good luck with NaNoWriMo!

      Delete
  4. In Dog We Trust creeps me out a little. Why is there blood on the dog? Is he killing bad guys or good guys? Enjoy all your books. It has finally cooled off here too but we have had lots of rain. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From what I can tell, In Dog We Trust is stories about dogs and their bond with humans and also their getting even with them. Some of the proceeds go to the Birmingham Dogs Home which I think is cool.

      Delete
  5. I'm looking forward to the Slender Man book - I'm hoping it's going to be creepy.
    Lynn :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. That has got to be the funniest/worst movie trailer I've ever seen! And yes to Books,Booze and Blankets, I think I like it cause it reminds me of my blog😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does sound like a perfect feature for your blog. No wonder it sounded so catchy to me :) The trailer is horrible. The movie was too but in an entertaining sort of way.

      Delete
  7. I want to read An Easy Death, it's on hold on overdrive! :) Curious about Slenderman!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha Books Booze and Blankets sounds like a pretty good title. :) I missed the Walking Dead premiere but I'm hoping to catch up with it this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far I'm liking it better than last year and that's after watching episode 2 last night.

      Delete
  9. My dog likes cold weather, too. She enjoys rolling in snow for some reason. She’s probably the only one excited for winter. I hope you enjoy your new books!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fun to watch the pups get a tad more energetic when it cools off. Thanks AJ!

      Delete
  10. The Fade is one I'm really looking forward to! Most of the books on yours post this week would probably prevent me from sleeping!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I stopped watching TWD very early on, but I've been hearing from my friends who still watch that the last few seasons have been going downhill. Hope this new one will be the pick-me-up it needs. I'm also very curious about the new Charlaine Harris book, I hope I get some time to try it.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far it's better this year in two episodes than all of last year.

      Delete
  12. I'm really interested in The Elizas by Sara Shepard. I keep seeing it everywhere. I hope its good!

    Here's my Stacking the Shelves: https://bookloaner.wordpress.com/2018/10/12/stacking-the-shelves-october-13-2018/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good read and I would recommend. My review just posted!

      Delete
  13. I've been feeling a lot like that on my own blog - I'm tired of formal reviews and posts which I need to do following 'deadlines'. I'm just going to do whatever I want now :D but I like the Sunday posts, so those are staying!

    Hope you have a great week :)

    Evelina @ AvalinahsBooks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad Sunday Posts are staying. They are a nice way to catch up with everyone!

      Delete
  14. Winter is coooooming (evil laughter) ugh I haven't had much good luck with scary shows or movies! but I keep trying ;-) Oh I want to hear about that Charlain Harris book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Somehow I'm not surprised this is you Daniela!

      Delete
  15. I'm feeling the exact same way right now. If we could just have some nice cooler, even temperatures, that would be fabulous. Sign me up for books, booze, and blankets, please.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I combine posts most week for my memes. Makes it easier for me :)

    I am with you on not sweating to death. lol It finally went cold here and it's amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am sooo ready for cooler weather! We're supposed to get some this week, but I'll believe it when I feel it. Texas never wants to relinquish the heat.

    I hope you enjoy your reads this week!
    Lindsi @ Do You Dog-ear?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My coworker is from Texas and she tells me the same thing.

      Delete
  18. btw that "unknown" was me LOL not sure why it posted like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am not ready for cold! It is like we skipped fall or something. Today isn't too bad but we have had a lot of cold lately. I can't wait to read the new Harris book! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope Fall comes back and sticks around for awhile. I despise winter heating bills.

      Delete
  20. I love the cover for Twisted Tales of Tornado Alley. 🎃

    My grumpy cat gets cuddly when it's chilly. I pretend that she loves me. 😂

    I hope you are having a great week! 🌞

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Stuart's books. If you haven't tried him, check them out.

      Delete
  21. Twisted Tales from Tornado Alley sounds interesting. And I hope you enjoy all your new books.

    I also love the idea of a Books, Booze, and Blankets feature. What would it entail? - Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking of making it a monthly meme/feature sort of like Weekend Reads or something. People could do it on ther blog or on instagram and share a book they are reading or have recently picked up, a favorite drink (booze, coffee, tea, etc) and a cozy blanket, scarf or something. I hope to have a post up about it Friday.

      Delete