Saturday, October 6, 2018

Weekly Read (10-6-18)/Stacking the Shelves (178)/Sunday Post


So I'm running a tad behind this weekend but I'm not stressing about it.  Things have been good here at The Farm. Grandpa has a cold so I ran down to his house this morning, paid his bills and went grocery shopping for him.  My Uncle is in off the boat but he's stupid - enough said.  

We've been watching a lot of TV with new shows out. American Horror is getting more interesting and I actually think I like it more than last year's show.  Also, Mr. Barb found a new video game to play so when we aren't watching football, he's playing Sniper Elite 4 and I'm reading and playing vicariously.  We did watch the new Death Race movie which released on Netflix and it was bloody and loud - just like the previous ones.

The best thing happened last Sunday.  Our local high school, which is within walking distance, has three huge fields in front of it.  The dogs love to go there and play and they are so well trained that they can get off their leashes and fetch or explore with us.  Sometimes other people show up with dogs and then we have to leash them and let's be honest, some people look at them and think they are mean.  Well, Sunday morning a couple showed up and asked if they were friendly because they had their two dogs.  We said yes but then started to put their leashes on them and take then for a walk.  The guy yelled, "Wait, aren't you gonna let them play?"  Cass and Booker had so much fun playing with two golden retrievers  - Beans and Jelly.  They had a blast and it was so fun watching them run and fetch.  I felt like a proud parent on the school playground.

I have been reading but not as much as I want.  I hope to remedy that this weekend and here's what's on the agenda.




Stacking the Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves or TBR piles, may it be physical or virtual.  This means you cans you cam include books you buy in a physical store, online, books you borrow from the library or friends, review books, gifts and of course, ebooks! The original meme was started over at Tynga's Reviews. And it now has a new co-host where individuals can link up as well - Marlene from Reading Reality.  Clicking on the book (or title) should take you to the Goodreads page.  I'm also now linking up with the Sunday Post which is hosted by Kimberly@Caffeinated Book Reviewer.

It's a small haul this week which is good. I have some books and cds requested from the library so I expect them to all come in at once which means a larger haul soon.  I did pick up "The Boy at the Keyhole" from my library Thursday.  I also received "In the Night Wood" for review.


So what did you add to your shelves this week???

40 comments:

  1. I love that your dogs had fun with other dogs! One of my dogs would be able to do that, but my boy Otis is terrible around strange dogs and it would be too traumatic for both of us:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes it doesn't work with other dogs and Otis sounds freakin' adorable!

      Delete
  2. That is wonderful that your dogs were able to play and had so much fun. My little Toby is blind so I can't let him off the leash when were out and about. Little Avery wants to play with everyone, but he's hyper!

    Enjoy your reads and hopefully your library holds come in soon, I know I don't like waiting. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have plenty to read and STILL have no patience.

      Delete
  3. Barb, I normally get that kind of discrimination with my dogs so glad those people didn't and the furbabies had an amazing time.

    I didn't realise there are new American Horror Story! Need to check that out.

    Angelica @ Paperback Princess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you do. I like it much better than last year's theme.

      Delete
  4. Sounds like Booker T and Cass had a really good day out! I finished tidying my bedroom last night and just need to change the bed and hoover tomorrow and it'll be ready for photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I forgot you like you like American Horror Story. Evan Peters who plays Tate, came to the University in my town. My daughter wanted to go see him so I went with her and listened to him talk for about an hour. He was adorable, humble, and very funny. I was the oldest person in the crowd I think lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Evan Peters is so talented. I look at all the characters he has done over the years for this show and he never seems to disappoint. I'd be like that if I ever saw the guy who plays Jughead on Riverdale. He's so cute and then I always feel like a perv.

      Delete
  6. Hope we both enjoy The Boy at the Keyhole! In the Night Wood sound interesting. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just read a good review about it today so we might get lucky!

      Delete
  7. that guy was so cool. He's like, wait, isn't this a play date for the dogs?? LOL Nothing makes me smile more than seeing dogs having the time of their life. They sure live in the moment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they do. I still smile when I think about it.

      Delete
  8. Haha, I laughed at your comment about expecting the library holds to come in all at once. Story of my life too...

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you enjoy the Boy at the Keyhole -- it was an atmospheric read for me, and creeped me out by the ending. Also, aw, your boys and the retrievers playing is such a wonderful images! That would never happen with our little rascals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed your review and now I'm super excited to dive in!

      Delete
  10. That's great your dogs had a play day. Hope you run into them again.
    sherry @ fundinmental Sunday Memes

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww, that doggy play date warms my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That happens all the time to me with library holds. I'm always thinking the holds won't come in for awhile and then they all come in together. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm going to do a discussion post about why holds come in all at once. There's gotta be something to it.

      Delete
  13. I'm curious about In the Night Wood. Enjoy your reading, and thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I love the cover for In the Night Wood. Beautiful and somewhat creepy this time of year too :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aww, I’m glad the dogs had fun. My dog is picky about playmates. She gets growly with giant dogs and completely ignores tiny ones. My other dog died in May, and the living dog will only play with dogs that are the approximate size of the dead one. It’s odd.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They must have had a really strong connection.

      Delete
  16. Two of my dogs are constantly wrestling and playing with each other. I don't know that they would do as well with other dogs but I am so happy that your pair got to experience it. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They love to play with each other but their eyes just lit up when they got to play with the girls!

      Delete
  17. I've been running a tad behind all my life but especially this year LOL I think I just like to do LOTSA things LOL

    Grandpa is definitely lucky to have you :)

    I'm liking American Horror too. I'm hopeful this would be the second season I finish. I haven't finished one since the first one I think :) Yup Barb, I know what you are thinking! You you are right to roll your eyes :) I'm a DNFer with TV shows too XD

    Of course Cass and Booker don't need any leashes! They are adorable in every possible way :) Glad to hear you had fun with them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it - a TV show DNF'er. Never looked at it that way but I'd definitely have some for that list. You are just creative and like to do lots of things - nothing wrong with that!

      Delete
  18. Awww... yay, the puppers made new friends! Are those people going to be there again? 🐕

    Isn't the cover to In the Night Wood great? I can't wait to read it. 📚

    I hope your week started of well. 🌞

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so. Mr. Barb recognized their vehicles as seeing them up there a lot so I hope (of course they drive a truck decked out in Green Bay Packer gear (in WV) so they are hard to miss.

      Delete
  19. I used to love letting my dog off the lead for a play - and he had plenty of friends - but, he's over 13 now and a tiny bit grumpy so I tend to go for more sedate walks now.
    I need to catch up with American Horror -I think I watched 4 series and maybe started a fifth but I'd cooled down a little.
    Lynn :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. TV and video games, always good times :-) Aww that's awesome the other people let Cass and Booker play with them! I legit spent like 10 seconds trying to figure out what that book was with the pumpkin and why it didn't have a title on it before realizing it was just a photo, haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's funny. I just wanted to spice it up for Halloween :)

      Delete