Friday, December 4, 2015

Stacking the Shelves (43)

Stacking the Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves or TBR piles, may it be physical or virtual.  This means you can include books you buy in a physical store, online, books you borrow from the library or friends, review books, gifts and of course, ebooks! The original meme was started over at Tynga's Reviews.  Clicking on the book should take you to the Goodreads page.

This week, a wonderful author reached out to me and asked if I would like an ARC of her new book.  Since I had just added it to my wishlist, I said "Yes, of course!"  So here it is in all it's glory:

Of Light and Darkness (#1): Releases January 11, 2016
 Thanks so much Shayne.  I can't wait to get to this one!

I also received what I think looks like a wonderful book from Edelweiss and William Morrow:

Releases March 29, 2016
I grabbed a few books from Amazon in the last 2 weeks (didn't feel like adding them at the last minute last week).  I think they were all either free or under $5.00 - that's about the most I will ever go for an ebook unless it is one I REALLY REALLY want:




Silver on the Road Mr. Right One Stiletto in the Grave Tails of the Apocalypse
Mercury Retrograde The Builders Robots vs Slime Monsters The Opposite of Living

So, you can blame Black Friday or you can blame Kindle sales...or you can just accept that book buying happens!

What did you add to your shelves this week? Leave a comment so I can make sure to stop by your blog!



9 comments:

  1. I'm adopting that as my motto 'Book Buying Happens!' Very good excuse to get more books! Hope you enjoy your latest reads!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of Light and Darkness looks really good. That was nice of the author to send you her book. I hope you love all of the books you got this week.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great! Love when it works out and you get an ARC right after adding a book to your wishlist! Perfect timing :) My haul

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great haul! I'm loving the cover of Of Light and Darkness, so pretty. I do love me some of the Kindle book deals going on right now too. Hope you enjoy all your new reads :)

    Here's my StS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome looking books! They are all new to me, but I'm going to check them out...especially Of Light and Darkness. Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want Of Light and Darkness! Another one of my blogging buddies got that one and it looks cool! Hope it's good. Book buying happens that is the theme of all of us book bloggers...lol. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shayne's looks like a good one. Love the cover with that flowing red scarf. Happy reading ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not familiar with any of these but I do hope you love them all :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW, what a GREAT haul!! You lucky thing, you!! Lol.

    All of these books are entirely new to me, but I've already checked them out on Goodreads, so I'll tell you which ones I want....(Are you listening, Santa? I've been very nice this year!) I want: "Of Light and Darkness", "The Taxidermist's Daughter", "One Stiletto In The Grave", and "Mercury Retrograde". Yup, these would certainly make my "bibliophilic day"!!

    Thanks for sharing, and thanks as well for visiting and commenting on my own STS post!! (Sorry for the late comment back, too...) : )

    ReplyDelete