Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday (36) - A Darker Kind of Dog Tale


"Waiting on" Wednesday" is weekly meme hosted over at Breaking the Spine which spotlights upcoming anticipated releases. 







*******************************************************************************************************
April 5, 2016
FROM GOODREADS: Emotive is a tale of life, love, compassion, and the pursuit of happiness as told through the eyes of the story's narrator, Linus. Linus is a puppy living in a small city located in the rolling hillsides of upstate New York. When the abnormalities of his owner Sam are all he knows since birth, he gains a perspective of unyielding acceptance and love towards the man who feeds him, takes him to the park, and murders women in his basement.

WHY I'M WAITING: First of all the cover grabbed me, and then when I found out this is a darker tale, narrator by the dog, Linus, I realized I would have to have it!

What are you waiting for this week? 

 

3 comments:

  1. Okay so I probably wouldn't be able to read this. I'm okay with most things but hurt animals (accept chickens/roosters/geese and the like) are just....no I get all upset and even cry. Still hope you enjoy it! The cover...even it makes me feel sad and want to cuddle with my fur baby. What I'm Waiting On

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eve, I don't think it's that he harms the dog, but it's how the dog sees his owner, who loves and takes care of him, as a murderer. If he hurts the dog, I'm out. I'm one of those "I don't care who dies as long as the animal lives" person.

      Delete
  2. Interesting pick! This immediately reminded me of "Black Beauty", in which a horse was the narrator. However, the focus of each book is entirely different. "Black Beauty" focuses on the abuses toward horses, in the society of the time in which the story takes place. "Emotive", on the other hand, focuses on the paradox of a criminal who is kind to his dog, while being brutal toward human beings == specifically, women.

    I don't think I could take reading this, but I sure hope you enjoy it!

    Thanks for dropping by and commenting on my own WOW! Happy New Year to you & your family!! : )

    ReplyDelete