Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday - My Top Ten Reads of 2015

This top 10 weekly meme is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and can be found HERE.  Each week they focus on lists which cover various topics related to books and reading. This week we have been asked to pick out ten favorite reads of 2015.  These aren't in any particular order, because to me, it's kind of like being asked to pick you favorite child, or in my case, favorite dog.  It's all book love to me so here we go!

One of the best series ever in my opinion.  I need the next one NOW!

Lucy Dillon is one of my favorite authors ever. Wonderful contemporary reads.

So much better than the Sookie Stackhouse series was at the end.

Next one comes out in 2016...not soon enough.  Best lazy Basset EVER!

My best new series discovery of the year. 

Connected with Jackie early on in the year and am so glad I did.  Booker T STILL has a crush on Maybe.

...because it's Rainbow Rowell.

Wonderful graphic novel.  I love Nimona.

First McMahon book, definitely not the last.

This book still haunts me.  Very atmospheric and scary.
And an honorable mention.  As you all know, I love animal/dog related books, but I read a huge variety and didn't want to just feature a page with cute dogs staring at you (not that there is anything wrong with that).  But I HAD to add this one.


And there is a sequel coming out next year.  So happy!


14 comments:

  1. The Ice Twin Covers, definitely going to read reviews, I'm intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agh, more books I have wanted to read but didn't get to. Menagerie and Carry On have been on my TBR list for so long. Hopefully I can get to them this coming year. It's my New Year's resolution to get caught up on my TBR list. I don't know if that's really possible, but I'm going to try my best. I'm adding your other picks to my growing TBR list. Thanks for sharing and for visiting my TTT! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been seeing Nimona everywhere and it's making me want to check it out though I'm still not 100% sure what it's about. Still with it on so many lists it might be worth going in blind. Also I'm saddened to say I haven't read Carry On yet, have it, but want to get to it so badly! Great list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not read any of those books on your list...lol. I do want to read The Night Sisters though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice list of books you have in your post this week!! A few of the titles I want to read.

    Here's a link to my Top Ten Tuesday post for this week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2015/12/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-best-books-i.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Menagerie and Carry On are both n my to read list. Love all the cute dogs on the covers on your list! Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been seeing Nimona and so many lists this week! I haven't really gotten into the graphic novel craze but I've picked up a couple in the last few weeks so hopefully I can get into them soon. I'll definitely have to bump Nimona up to the top of my list!
    Jenna @ Reading with Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, great list!! I am dying to read Carry On, so I'm swearing right now to read it next year OR ELSE. I also need to read Menagerie, I'm so glad to see it on your top ten list. And I bought a copy of Nimona but have yet to read it. You just convinced me I need to set some time aside.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've heard of many of these authors but I don't think I've read anything by them yet. That has to change soon! Going to Goodreads to add some of these right now :) Thanks for stopping by my post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, the only one I've read from your list is Charlaine Harris' new series, which I enjoy a LOT, can't wait for the last book!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am vowing to start that Anne Bishop series at some point next year.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, so excited to see MAYBE on your list! Wow - thanks! I need to read that Lucy Dillon book! More books for the TBR list....

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great list! The Anne Bishop series is AWESOME and I have the arc for review of the next one- so guess what I'm reading soon lol. I read a different book by Jennifer McMahon and really enjoyed it so I've been debating on whether to read The Night Sister. You've convinced me!
    Debbie @ CK2S Kwips and Kritiques

    ReplyDelete