Saturday, November 5, 2016

Stacking the Shelves (88)


Stacking the Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves or TBR piles, may it be physical or virtual.  This means you can include books you buy in a physical store, online, books you borrow from the library or friends, review books, gifts and of course, ebooks! The original meme was started over at Tynga's Reviews.  Clicking on the book (or title) should take you to the Goodreads page. 

I have several books to show you this week.  I bought some, picked up some for free and of course, there are the galleys.  So let's jump right into it.  


Tammy from Books Bones & Buffy recommended The Story of Edgar Sawtelle and since I noticed I had added it to my Goodreads wishlist a few years ago, I went straight to Amazon and grabbed a copy.  I also managed to grab Wax and Ghost Road Blues, both books I've wanted to read for some time, for $1.99 each.


I grabbed Crow Creek and it's sequel, Queensboro for free on Halloween.  Also, I've been wanting to buy Rescuing Finley for months but never did so when I saw it come up for free one day, I grabbed it.



Several of the ARCs don't come out until next year so I'm sticking to that excuse.  Anyway, of course I had to get Man & Beast and Secret Services Dogs.  Also, there was no way I could resist Boomer's Bucket List. I'm waiting to see if I inspire Stormi to grab Custom Baked Murder, Bell, Book & Candlemas or The Case of the Green-Dressed Ghost - or maybe she already has :)

So overall, a great collection of books.  However, it seems I went from a horror-filled October to a them of "Thankful for Dogs" November without even trying.  Hey, I may be on to something here.  

So what did you pick up this week???

11 comments:

  1. A lot of your books are new to me. They look very interesting and I hope you enjoy all of them.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you are so onery!!! I already have one from last week in my list this week from you...lol So I have read the series with Custom Bake Murder so I went and put book one my my wishlist. I have book one of the Wiccan one but not read it so went and picked up book two!!! So now I need to read both and you got me with The Case of the Green Dressed Ghost as well as I put in a request. Shame on you!!! :)

    Enjoy your reads!
    Stormi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh well, I thought I would have to request the Green Dress but it was a read now! So got it now too...lol. I knew I would get the Kensington books as they are auto approved but never heard of the pub for the other one. At least it doesn't come out for a while!! :)

      Delete
    2. She got me with Green Dress too Stormi! And a couple of others also!

      Delete
  3. Love the Thomas Drago covers! I've had a lot of bad luck with horror over the recent years but if I see it free I might think about grabbing it. I'll be interested to read your review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the look of the Maberry book - I shall have to go and check that one out.
    Thanks
    Lynn :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Queensboro has a very interesting cover, I can't decide if it has a creepy element or is just a cool cover. :) Nice haul this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Secret Service Dogs sounds like it would be really interesting! I noticed when that one popped up too and thought the subject would be really fun to read about.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just seeing the title for WAX makes me curious. You have a lot of good looking books...again. :-)
    sherry @ fundinmental My Sunday Memes

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great haul! A recommendation from Tammy is definitely worth listening to, hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks like you've got some great reads there! I hope you enjoy Ghost Road Blue's. Most of my friends loved it but the audio narrator drove me nuts and I found the story a little boring. :(

    ReplyDelete