Friday, November 18, 2016

Weekly Reads (11/18/16)


So it was a pretty busy week here at The Farm.  We had another Neighborhood Watch meeting and attendance is really picking up.  We just have to name Captain/Co-Captain and then we can officially be "recognized" by the city - whatever that means.

Saturday my Grandfather, Mother and I went to a local county farm and got to see the Budweiser Clydesdale horses.  They are so gorgeous and I am thrilled that I was able to pet one - Charlie.  I took tons of pictures and here are some of the better ones.  I wanted one of the their dog - an adorable dalmatian named Harley - but he rarely sat still.







It has been a slow reading week and my current read is sort of dragging me down.  I still adore the cover, but so far, the verdict's still out on what lies beneath it.  So hopefully I can get this finished this weekend.  I still have over 300 pages yet to go. Basically what's up next hasn't really changed.


So what are your plans over the next few days????

9 comments:

  1. I am a little worried about that one if you are not getting through it real fast that I may not make it...ugh. It does have a pretty cover though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so grateful we put off our Tag Review on this one. I am fighting a cold and that isn't helping me pick it up. I' afraid it may be a case of where I was so wrapped up in a pretty cover....I vow to finish it sometime this weekend, but still have about 300 pages to go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been a slow reading week for me too, but not because of the book I'm reading (I love it!). I just haven't found much time to read. I love the horses! What a thrill to see the Budweiser Clydesdales, they are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those Clydesdale's are such beautiful beasts. Thanks for sharing the pictures. I need to get down and visit them when they return home! I hope your book picks up. I've been feeling a little "meh" towards reading this week but it think I'm just in a "meh" kind of mood in general.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I Hope you get more motivated and have time to read this weekend! I also enjoyed your pics from the farm!!
    Tori @ In Tori Lex

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE Clydesdales! Beautiful, majestic horses.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful horses! I had a big horse phase at school where I read a ton of horse books and I plan to feature them on my childhood reading posts this week sometime. My reading has slowed this week so I need to pick up the pace next week to meet all my booky goals for the month.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the Budweiser Clydesdales! What gorgeous pictures, thank you for sharing! (Also, which of the 3 books is the slow read?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kate, the one I am struggling with is Moon Chosen, which is truly sad because I've been in love with the cover since I first saw it!

      Delete