Tuesday, November 29, 2016

TTT - 10 Books To Buy A Book Lover For Christmas



This top 10 weekly meme is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and can be found HERE.  Each week they focus on lists which cover various topics related to books and reading.  Since Christmas is coming up, I'm focusing on 10 books certain to please a book lover this Christmas!








I don't know if you guys have seen this beautiful book yet but any fantasy lover is sure to want Santa to bring it.  It has a beautiful hardback embossed cover, gilded edges and illustrations.  I know I've already enabled several people to purchase it.

The Art of Racing in the Rain is a great book for anyone who likes a good story.  Of course, if they like dogs, it's a must-have.  It's one of my all-time favorite dog books.  And yes, one of the few books that made me cry.  I have a lovely hardback but since doing this post, I'm on the lookout for this cover as well.

Nope, I've never read this book but I knows tons of people rave about it.  If you have a classic lover on your list, I doubt you can go wrong with this one.  Plus there are TONS are great covers to collect.

You can hardly go anywhere on the internet without hearing about the Gilmore Girls revival.  I was just as excited about it as many so I figure there are a lot of people out there who would like to have this under their tree - if they can wait that long!

I believe every reader should at least attempt a Stephen King book once in their lives (unless they absolutely hate horror).  He creates such conflicted characters and the book setting often becomes an additional character all on his own.  The Shining is probably my favorite of all his works so it's a good place to get someone started.

Everyone can use a little Christmas cheer - or some Christmas horror.  I know this one is on my TBR for December and the hardback is gorgeous (if you like that kind of thing).

Longmire the television show has appealed to lovers of both mysteries and westerns so why not get the reader in your life the first installment in this series (the books are always better right?)

I believe all kids should receive a book or two at Christmas so why not rely on an old faithful.  It may be old but it's still a classic!

I've yet to see a bad review about this one so I think it's a great go-to for any sci-fi lover.

And the perfect gift that keeps on giving.  Why not buy the reader in your life a new e-reader?  That way they can add some wonderful books to it themselves and never be at a loss for something to read.


So I can't wait to see what is on everyone's lists this week!  Hope you found something good on this one.


19 comments:

  1. I love The Art of Racing in the Rain! So good! I just bought myself a new kindle and agree that it is the perfect gift. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the cover for Art of Racing in rain is too cute! And I want the Lauren Graham book - total Gilmore Girls fan! I would totally collect pride and Prejudice editions if I could... I don't have the space. Maybe someday. Oh and I got a kindle for Christmas two years ago and it's easily in my top 5 Xmas gifts ever! Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen the illustrated Game of Thrones before, but now that I have, I want it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a really good mix of books! I can't believe I've never read The Art of Racing in the Rain. Since you are recommending it, I know it's going to be great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some great looking books and I couldn't help but smile at ...Racing...
    sherry @ My TT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent picks Barb! I want the Lauren graham one myself. 😀😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just bought it last night at Walmart. I know, no will power I tell ya!

      Delete
  7. I am one of the victims of Barb's 'buy this Game of Thrones book' campaign! I didn't get the gold cover on it as it wasn't available but I liked the black cover well enough. It is gorgeous with all the illustrations and maps.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you have horror recommendations on your XMas gift list! And The Shining is so good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That Game of Thrones edition looks awesome! I like that cover of Pride and Prejudice too (even though I've never read)- is that the Barnes and Noble edition? It looks familiar, i think I have the Sense and Sensibility one. I've got Dark Matter on my TBR now after seeing a ton of good reviews.

    And Winnie the Pooh- yeah can't g wrong with that! I love the Hundred Aker Wood map.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh heck yeah, I want me some Krampus by Brom this Christmas. I need to pick up a couple of his books/artbooks, actually!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohhh YES to Game of Thrones! And I'd love to have an amazing edition. Have you seen the illustrated edition too?! I'M IN LOVE. *flails wildly* Also I really want to read Dark Matter because everyone seems to just rave abut it. Ergo I must know what the fuss is.😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw it and immediately bought it - haha. I convinced myself it was worth it since it's regularly 50.00 and I got it for 27.00. The things we do to justify book buying!

      Delete
  12. Books are my favorite gift to give to kids! In fact, I was just doing some online shopping for our first niece, who is due in January!

    I love "The Art of Racing in the Rain" but I've never seen that cover. It's perfect for this post -- so Christmas-y!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so afraid of The Art of Racing in the Rain! I've had that book on my shelves for years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, while it is a sad book, the story is so beautiful I didn't mind it much. You really should give it a go. You need to find out all about the evil zebra. In fact, I think I'll read it again in 2017!

      Delete
  14. Good list! I've never seen that cover for TAoRitR before! I love it!

    I had to laugh at Krampus. I can just picture, like say Grandma's face when she opens that on Christmas morning. :)

    ReplyDelete