Saturday, November 12, 2016

Stacking the Shelves (89)


Stacking the Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves or TBR piles, may it be physical or virtual.  This means you can include books you buy in a physical store, online, books you borrow from the library or friends, review books, gifts and of course, ebooks! The original meme was started over at Tynga's Reviews.  Clicking on the book (or title) should take you to the Goodreads page. 

I grabbed a few books for my Kindle this week. A couple of them were free and a couple were $.99 and right off the top of my head I don't remember which is which.  However, I do know I paid full price for Snowed.



Tobacco Sticks is a mystery I saw over on Laura's blog.  Ever since I saw Snowed, I knew I want to add it to my Christmas read list.  It's a dark and twisted tale so it sounds perfect to break up some of the monotony of my other planned holiday reads. Bad Dog is some sort of thriller novella but to be honest, I couldn't resist the cover.




Tor was kind enough to send me digital ARCs of the following.  I couldn't help myself and I already read Idle Ingredients.  I read a book by Caitlyn R. Kiernan a few years ago and really liked it so I'm looking forward to delving into Agents of Dreamland and in order to read Standard Hollywood Depravity, I'm going to have to seek out the first book in the series first. 

Netgalley also approved some of my requests....


Give the Devil His Due is the third in the Tarot Mystery series and I loved the first book.  Since it doesn't come out until April, I figure I can make room to read book 2 and this one.  The River at Night and If the Creek Don't Rise are both very interesting looking thrillers and you all know I features Pit Perfect as a book I just added to my TBR/wishlist this week so I am thrilled to have an ARC of it.

So what did you guys add this week. Leave me a comment and I'll be sure to stop by your post!

11 comments:

  1. There are some nice covers in there! Oh, you need to watch the John Lewis Christmas ad that is on UK tv...it has an adorable boxer in it! Probably available on YouTube!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like some good ones! I am curious about a couple so I have to go check them out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lot of great books this week! I would totally pick up Bad Dog just because of the title and cover. Most of these are new to me but I do have Matt Wallace on my TBR list. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I can't believe every single one of these are totally new to me! That's pretty rare - but these past few months, I've been crazy busy with my head in the sand! You've got a great mix here. I hope you enjoy all of your new books!

    Have a fabulous week, Barb. :)

    Check out my STS post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah I can't wait to dig into Idle Ingredients either. Hope it was good! :)

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to check out Snowed. And Agents of dreamland sounds good too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Got me curious about Give the Devil His Due. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That cover for Idle Ingredients is speaking to me too. :-)
    sherry @ fundinmental My Sunday Memes

    ReplyDelete
  9. Idle Ingredients looks interesting, I really like the cover. And I can't wait to see what you think of Snowed once we've both read it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm interested to see what you think of the Kiernan. I tend to either love her books or not like them very much at all ;) I hope you love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Some nice looking books on here - I really like the look of the books you picked up from tor.
    Happy reading.
    Lynn :D

    ReplyDelete