Tuesday, November 15, 2016

TTT - Top Ten Favorite Movies

This top 10 weekly meme is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and can be found HERE.  Each week they focus on lists which cover various topics related to books and reading. Today we are branching out and looking at a movie related theme. So I'm sharing ten of my favorite movies - in no particular order.








I try to watch this movie every winter.  I never seem to grow tired of it,


If I had to assign one film as number 1, this would be in a tie with the next one on my list.  This movie is so sad and beautiful and I when I think of it, I can always hear the music played during the ending scene - which in my opinion is perfect!


It's Prince....enough said!


A complete guilty pleasure - and not a movie for the faint of heart!


I saw this for the first time this year and it's has quickly become one of my favorites.


My favorite movie as a kid....Pooh still holds a dear place in my heart.


Still one of the scariest movies I've ever seen!


I love this classic and watch it every Memorial Day when some channel has a marathon running.


I've always enjoyed this one as well.


Nothing like the old classic!

So did any of these make your list this week.  Did you love these one or hate them?  


19 comments:

  1. The Shining is definitely a great one! I've only seen it one and a half times though, so you definitely beat me lol. I did go to a wax museum once though, and they had a wax of him in that scene, his face in the door like that. It was fun taking a photo with it :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't watched a lot of these! The few I have seen was only one time years ago. I really need to sit down and watch a movie once in a while. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew there would be some Stephen King on there...lol. Nice variety. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Shining is so creepy! Another movie I need to rewatch! Somehow I've never seen Jaws though we did go on the ride at Universal so maybe that counts for half credit? Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where else will you see Winnie the Pooh and The Shining on the same list?? I need to watch the Exorcist again, it's been too long.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Purple Rain! Love it. I was 16 when it came out and I remember being devastated when my mom wouldn't let me see it because it was rated R. LOL What Dreams May Come is such a sad/beautiful film. And Winnie the Pooh... I adore him. :)

    Here's MY TTT POST

    ReplyDelete
  7. Salem's Lot is my favorite! I watch it at least once a year and reread the book too. All of these are good ones.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the Jungle Book. Jaws and The Exorcist are my horror guilty pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I thought the new Jungle Book adaption was so much fun. I really liked the way the characters were fleshed out and how scary the made Louie this time around.
    My TTT for this week

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great list! I can't believe I haven't seen What Dreams May Come yet! I hope to change that soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've read a couple and I must say, Jaws is still my favorite on your list.
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
  12. Purple Rain is awesome- love the music! Pooh is of course awesome, and most of the rest of these I haven't seen. Weird I know. Jungle Book I definitely want to see- love that movie art!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I saw The Jungle Book not long ago and I loved it so much. I was surprised by how much I actually enjoyed it. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ah Jaws, I never get tired of that one!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE Jaws, it's one of my favourite ever films. I never get tired of watching it and I always laugh at the 'She broke my heart' bit!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Quite the eclectic selection you have there :) I've seen them all except for A Bronx Tale and I currently have The Shining recorded on the DVR for my winter viewing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Winnie the Pooh was my favorite as a kid as well! I have tried showing it to my one year old a couple of times, but it hasn't quite caught on like Elmo did- but hopefully soon!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I see your love of scary books extends to scary movies! I never heard of that Robin Williams movie! Will have to check that out!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my goodness so many good movies!!! Fantastic list. I also love The Shining, What Dreams May Come, The Devil's Rejects, The Jungle Book, The Exorcist, Jaws, and Salem's Lot. Wow you have so many awesome ones on here. :D

    ReplyDelete