Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday (81)




"Waiting on" Wednesday" is weekly meme hosted over at Breaking the Spine which spotlights upcoming anticipated releases.










 March 1, 2017

FROM GOODREADS: For the first female Pinkerton detective, respect is hard to come by. Danger, however, is not.

In the tumultuous years of the Civil War, the streets of Chicago offer a woman mostly danger and ruin-unless that woman is Kate Warne, the first female Pinkerton detective and a desperate widow with a knack for manipulation.

Descending into undercover operations, Kate is able to infiltrate the seedy side of the city in ways her fellow detectives can't. She's a seductress, an exotic foreign medium, or a rich train passenger, all depending on the day and the robber, thief, or murderer she's been assigned to nab.

Inspired by the real story of Kate Warne, this spirited novel follows the detective's rise during one of the nation's greatest times of crisis, bringing to life a fiercely independent woman whose forgotten triumphs helped sway the fate of the country.

WHY I'M WAITING:  I've really been enjoying some historical reads lately so when I saw this a few weeks ago, I knew I'd want to at least check it out.  I also really like the cover.

What are you waiting for this week??? 

11 comments:

  1. It all sounds good to me, Barb. I've not tried this author before. And loving that cover and title!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm definitely looking forward to this one, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds good. Hope you enjoy it when you get to read it. And I love the picture of the dog in the header for the blog entry. So cute! My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura. That's Booker T. I figured since the blog was named after him, I should include him in a header somewhere!

      Delete
  4. That is an eye-catching cover! I hope you enjoy it if you end up grabbing a copy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this sounds great! I'll definitely have to add this one to my to read list. I hope you love it when you read it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. This does sound good, I love the sound of the Civil War setting and the fact that it's based on a real person is cool too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay... I MUST read this. Love anything historical! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, hey now this is new to me. Looks great! Why are you trying to make me add more books to my tbr, is this revenge? :)

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I really like that cover too!! Especially with all the swirls and things in the sky...SO PRETTY.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't usually veer into historical fiction unless there are speculative elements, but I do love stories about real people. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete