Saturday, May 6, 2017

Stacking the Shelves (109)


Stacking the Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves or TBR piles, may it be physical or virtual.  This means you can include books you buy in a physical store, online, books you borrow from the library or friends, review books, gifts and of course, ebooks! The original meme was started over at Tynga's Reviews.  Clicking on the book (or title) should take you to the Goodreads page. 

Here are some free or perhaps in some cases, discount books I bought for Paul Anka (aka - The Kindle), this week.  "Ghosts," another Amy Cross book, was free so of course I nabbed it.  I was thrilled to see "Ghost of a Chance" offered for free as well on Friday because I love Galenorn's urban fantasy and always wanted to give her mystery series a try.  "Complicated Blue" was free and sounded interesting and Chuckles completely sold me on "One Rainy Night."


I grabbed the following two books from Walmart on COMPLETE impulse. I was a victim of Canine-ADHD with "No Easy Target" and then when I read it was about a woman who has a gift of understanding animals and being able to communicate with them it was pretty much a no-brainer and into the cart it went.  Also, I'm recording "American Gods" and am anal about reading the book before watching the movie so I grabbed it too.


And finally I got the following for review.  I have a love and hate relationship with Peter Pan.  I love Captain Hook but hate Peter Pan himself.  Hoping I enjoy "Lost Boy" a dark retelling.  "The Devil's Colony" made my horror alarm go off and "Booked 4 Murder" is the start of a new cozy mystery series.  (Stormi- are you grabbing this one???)


And finally, a pre-order.  I know it's not book related but I had to show it.  It's the digitally remastered, 3 disc 1 DVD "Purple Rain" soundtrack.  It has 2 discs of additional, unreleased music and b-sides and a concert DVD.  June 23rd can't get here soon enough!


So what did you add to your shelves this week???

34 comments:

  1. I hope you enjoy One Rainy Night! I like Richard Laymon for a nice quick horrorfest of sex and violence! These cozy mysteries always have such great covers and Booked 4 Murder is no exception!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I've read a Laymon book years ago but can't remember what one and it was before I began tracking. Your review made it sound like such a fun read.

      Delete
  2. I love American Gods, I need to reread it! Enjoy your haul.

    My STS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't have much love for the Gaiman graphic novel I read last month but I'm determined to give him one more try.

      Delete
  3. Nice Stack! I have seen American Gods around and it looks good! Hope you enjoy reading all the books!
    Here's my STS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it will probably be awhile before I get to American Gods.

      Delete
  4. I love any book by Neil Gaiman and American Gods is great. I am currently listening to the audiobook of his newest book, Norse Mythology. Have fun with your reading this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to hear you enjoy his work. I really don't have much to base my opinion on yet.

      Delete
  5. I'm hoping to grab Neil Gaiman's American Gods later this week. You got some great books this week.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't resist it when I saw it at Walmart and I agree, it was a total impulse buy.

      Delete
  6. I went and got Booked For Murder and I picked up a couple freebies and put One Rainy Night on my wishlist. Enjoy your new Purple Rain addition when it gets there.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could influence you on that one. I can't wait to get the pre-order.

      Delete
  7. I'm really looking forward to Lost Boy as well. Hopefully this will finally be the Hook story I've been waiting for.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and me both. I hope it's dark and that I love it.

      Delete
  8. I've been seeing the commercials for the American Gods show and saw it was based on a book but had no idea who wrote it. Hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I can hold off on watching the series until I read the book but only time will tell.

      Delete
  9. Hahahaha.... your kindle is named Paul Anka?! I love it so much.

    I think I have a paperback of One Rainy Night. I need to read it!

    I look forward to your thoughts on American Gods. I tried it a long time ago and didn't make it through it. I've been wondering if I should try again. (It was at least 15 years ago.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, it's my homage to Gilmore Girls. I love Paul Anka on that show and the fact that Lorelai finally broke down and bought a dog. I've heard mixed things about Gaiman in general so I'll admit I'm a tad leary.

      Delete
  10. I picked up Ghost Of A Chance too. I've been wanting to try that author so I was happy to see it as a freebie. I also picked up Booked 4 Murder. Looks good. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read some of her urban fantasy so I'm sure I like style, just curious how she handles cozies.

      Delete
  11. Haha, I want to read American Gods before I watch the TV show as well! Great haul! Have a great week and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Us bookworms sure have a hard time watching something when we haven't read the book.

      Delete
  12. Purple Rain- nice!! I've been wanting to listen to his music lately. And American gods I should probably read since there's a show now- and at some point I'll probably watch it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We jammed out to Prince a lot in April.

      Delete
  13. Great haul! I was really considering requesting The Devil's Colony on NetGalley since I enjoyed his previous 2 books. Enjoy these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it! See, I'm not the voice of reason.

      Delete
  14. Iris Johansen. I love these books and characters. Always waiting for the next one and I always buy physical copies. It seems everywhere I go someone is reading Layman right now. I'm wondering if he's snuck some new ones past me.

    My Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been visiting Chuckles' blog regularly and she loves him, thus that's where my recent accumulations have come from.

      Delete
  15. I also grabbed Complicated Blue last week! Lol about your impulse buys. I too love Hook but hate Peter Pan himself, so I've got that Lost Boy book on my TBR!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seems there are quite a few people who don't like Peter Pan and favor Hook - the fan club grows.

      Delete
  16. I saw The Devil's Colony on NetGalley and I was tempted, but in the end I just have to stop requesting books for a while. I look forward to your review:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Tammy - I know how busy you are this month!

      Delete
  17. I cannot wait to hear what you think of that Laymon book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited to read it and want to make time for it in June - man, I can't believe I just typed June.

      Delete