Saturday, May 27, 2017

Stacking the Shelves (112) / Sunday Post

Stacking the Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves or TBR piles, may it be physical or virtual.  This means you can include books you buy in a physical store, online, books you borrow from the library or friends, review books, gifts and of course, ebooks! The original meme was started over at Tynga's Reviews. And it now has a new co-host where individuals can link up as well - Marlene from Reading Reality.  Clicking on the book (or title) should take you to the Goodreads page.

I'm also now linking up with the Sunday Post which is hosted byKimberly@Caffeinated Book Reviewer. I'm hoping to discover some new blogs to love.

This week I received an order from Amazon of 2 physical copies I just had to add to my shelves. Even though I think it was over priced, I had to add Gwendy's Button Box by Stephen King and Richard Chizmar just because it's King.  I also grabbed Grim Death and Bill the Electrocuted Criminal because I love Sniegoski's work and I didn't realize this book was even by him until I saw it in a bookstore a few weeks ago,


Of course I had to grab a few books either for free or on the cheap for Paul Anka (my Kindle). Actually I think all four of these were free this week but please double check before you buy.  I have several other Willow Rose horror novels so I had to grab Humpty Dumpty.  I saw a review for Sharp Shooter on YouTube and the reviewer really enjoyed it so when I looked and it was free, Paul Anka gobbled it right up.  Who can resist a cover like Nicor!?  Plus it was already on my wishlist and Suffer a Witch has one of my buzzwords - witch.


Finally I received a few review copies and once again, I'm not making any excuses.  Strange Practice sounds awesome and is a historical fiction about a doctor to the undead.  Just look at the cover of Noelle and act like you don't know why I requested it.  Bonfire is by Jessica Jones herself so I wanted to give it a try and Demon Leap caught my attention too.  



So what did you add to your shelves this week and have you read any of these and can provide a recommendation?  Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!


34 comments:

  1. I'm also very curious about Strange Practice! I know I'll probably request it and read it at some point...but I need to resist the temptation until I finish off some books on my tbr :)

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's sounds like a fun read and I was approved the other day and didn't even remember requesting it so I guess that's a sign.

      Delete
  2. I'm liking all those teeth on Nicor! Very curious about what has a mouth like that! Could get interested in this one...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You were the first person I thought of when I grabbed it.

      Delete
  3. Usually can't go wrong with Stephen King. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it when I order books and they finally arrive! Two of my many preordered books finally came this weekend, and I am so excited. :D I hope you enjoy all of your new books!

    Have a wonderful weekend, Barb. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the feeling. I just ordered two books from Abe Books yesterday because one I couldn't find elsewhere and one I found much cheaper. Hope they are in good condition because I've not ordered from this site before.

      Delete
  5. These are all new to me. I am very curious about the new Stephen King story. I hope you love them all and I look forward to your reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I see many new books here I'd like to read. You always find such good ones! Enjoy your lovely books and have a great holiday weekend!

    My Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Laura. I probably shouldn't spend as much time as I do looking for interesting reads but I do.

      Delete
  7. Sharp Shooter looks pretty good to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw a great review of it on Booktube last week and when I went to look it up, it was free so I grabbed it.

      Delete
  8. I love the cover for Grim Death - and Strange Practice sounds fascinating and like something I would enjoy.
    Lynn :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a really awesome cover and I've been eyeing it for some time.

      Delete
  9. Wow! All of these books sound interesting, especially Humpty Dumpty!

    Here’s my Sunday Post!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog and join in this week’s Book Photo Sundays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I couldn't resist grabbing it especially since it was free.

      Delete
  10. I ordered a print book this week, too. Rare for me to buy new. It was on sale, though, so I didn't feel TOO bad over it. Hope you enjoy all of your new reads!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nah, never feel too bad about bargain books :)

      Delete
  11. Ooh those first two books look really neat! And I saw Strange Practice on NG, it does sound really fun! Hope you enjoy all your new books :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm getting very curious about Gwendy's Button Box now I've been seeing it around so much! Hope you enjoy the new books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does seem to be popping up everywhere lately.

      Delete
  13. Not familiar with many of these but some look interesting like Suffer a Witch, Bonfire, and Demon Trap. Great week for reads!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the cover of Suffer a Witch. It's been a while since I read a witch book. I might need to remedy that soon.

      Delete
  14. Good call on Gwendy's Button Box. I enjoyed it, and it really should be on my shelf. I hope you manage to read Grim Death so I can get your thoughts on it. I've been curious about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to know you liked it. It's going on the June TBR.

      Delete
  15. I added Gwendy's Button Box to GR! Sounds good. Thanks for the idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Strange Practice and YES Bonfire -- both sound brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I can't wait to read something by "Jessica Jones" herself.

      Delete
  17. I haven't heard of Strange Practice, but it sounds awesome and I'm loving that cover. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete