Monday, May 29, 2017

Summer 2017 Comment Challenge


So I ran across this challenge the other day and for some reason, I really wanted to participate even though I had no real plans to do so.  I see this as a great way to discover some new blogs.  It goes on for three months and you can sign up month by month. I only signed up to do at least 5 comments for the month of June but if all goes well, I may sign up for the additional months too.  It's hosted by Flylef and A Kernel of Nonsense and there's still time to sign up for July and August if you are interested.  I will post the rules below.

THE DETAILS

  • The Summer 2017 Comment Challenge runs from June through August
  • Feel free to sign up for one month or more
  • At the beginning of each month, bloggers will be paired together and will be asked to comment on each other’s blogs
  • For the time being, the challenge is limited to English-only blogs
  • We’d love for you to create a sign-up post to help spread the word about the challenge
  • Options for comments include 5+ or 10+ each month
  • At the beginning of each month we will put together a post where you can sign-up and link-up with your own sign-up post.
WHAT YOU MUST DO

  • Sign-up: starting today through May 27th, you can sign-up to participate in this challenge for June. At the end of May, we will email participants and post the official June Comment Challenge partners list on our blogs
  • Create a sign-up post: link-up each month with your own sign-up post. What we suggest you include:
    • Announce your intention to participate in whichever month
    • Link back to your hosts: Lonna @ FLYLēF and Alicia @ A Kernel of Nonsense
    • Include the Comment Challenge graphic
    • State how often you intend to comment on your partner’s blog and if you know who your partner is, introduce him/her
    • Share any thoughts you have about the challenge and whether you’ve participated before
  • Spread the word: for this summer challenge, we’re encouraging participants to tweet using the hashtag #Summer17CC to let your fellow bloggers know about this challenge
  • Comment: starting June 1st be sure to comment on your partner’s blog and have fun!
I already have my blogging partner and look forward to getting to know her and her blog better.  

Liliyana @ The Faerie Review



11 comments:

  1. Oh I think I remember seeing this one last year and I thought it was great! I hope you and Liliyana have fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a fun challenge! Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to your blog in the coming month!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Barb,

    Welcome to the Comment Challenge! Looks like you've already met Lily. Have fun! And happy commenting!

    Lonna @ FLYLēF

    ReplyDelete
  5. Knowing my luck I'd be paired with someone who only reads contemporary and romance! I don't think I could risk it but good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They actually look ahead of time and try to pair people up pretty well so something like that doesn't happen. That was one of the deciding factors for me.

      Delete