Friday, May 19, 2017

Weekly Reads (05/19/17)


I've been feeling pretty much under the weather since Monday and even had to take a sick day.  I don't know if it's allergy related or a full-blown cold but I've been trying to rest and pump vitamin C. I'm really not surprised as busy as the last few weeks have been.

Booker T had a wonderful birthday and it was pretty much a whole weekend celebration.  Saturday he had to go to the vet and get shots (which he doesn't mind) and Cass went along.  We are trying to get Cass used to riding in Mr. Barb's Kia.  He usually just rides with me in my truck.  Then they went for walks that evening.  Sunday we took them both to the local pet store where Booker T got to pick out anything he wanted.  He found some snacks, he and Cass picked up adorable "tough toys" - a bull and a tiger, and then T fell in love with a stuffed star - go figure.  Guess he knows he's the star in the family.  Then Sunday evening we took him to the field in front of our local high school where he and Cass could run and roam.  It's his absolute favorite place.  Tuesday night, his actual birthday, he had pupcakes and ice cream and got some treats.  I have pics but due to feeling poorly all week, I'll have to post them next week.

We got a month free of Hulu (and unfortunately will probably subscribe due to the new Stephen King series "Castle Rock" which is starting up).  We watched all of "Freakish" which is entertaining because it's a bunch of dumb high schoolers trying to survive a zombie outbreak.  We also finished watching "Frontier" on Netflix which I am now a huge fan of and can't wait for season 2.  I also binge watched "Girlboss" while I was sick and found it freaking' hilarious.

This week I hope to sleep and read...and maybe sleep some more - haha!  Here's what's up on the stack.  Looks like I'm in the mood for cozy mysteries and horror.


Hope everyone has a safe and happy week!!!!

14 comments:

  1. Sounds like Booker T had a good birthday. :) Glad he and Cass got some goodies. And yay for Hulu!

    Hope you feel better, and that your reads are good. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got half way through Bad to the Bone last night and so far it's a fun mystery read. Hulu might be bad for me but I really want to keep it to watch Sleepy Hollow and the new King series.

      Delete
  2. Sorry to hear you aren't feeling great. Ugh nothing worse than just not feeling right. It sounds as if Booker T had a great birthday...I'll look forward to the photos when you feel better! I need to get moving with the reading this month as I'm lagging way behind. The Game of Thrones book is about 4/5 times the size of my normal reads!

    Hopefully you can get some rest and chill out a bit longer. Love to the furry boys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm feeling a tad bit better today. I visited Grandpa but am chilling now and Mr. Barb is grilling dinner. Plan on making a margarita later too.

      Delete
  3. It sounds like Booker T had the bestest birthday! I watched HUlu and got snared too. LOL I hope you feel better soon, Barb:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great birthday day! Sorry you've been feeling under the weather and hope you feel 100% now
    Lynn :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lynn. Not quite 100% yet but I am getting there.

      Delete
  5. Sounds like Booker T had a fantastic birthday! Feel better soon though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy your weekend reads and I hope you feel better soon!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sleep, read, and sleep some more sounds like the best plans I've heard in a while! (I hope you feel better soon!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sleeping and reading are ALWAYS good plans.

      Delete