Saturday, May 20, 2017

Stacking the Shelves (111) / Sunday Post

Stacking the Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves or TBR piles, may it be physical or virtual.  This means you can include books you buy in a physical store, online, books you borrow from the library or friends, review books, gifts and of course, ebooks! The original meme was started over at Tynga's Reviews.  Clicking on the book (or title) should take you to the Goodreads page.

I'm also now linking up with the Sunday Post which is hosted byKimberly@Caffeinated Book Reviewer.  I'm hoping to discover some new blogs to love.

I did have to make a trip to the library this week after receiving notice that 2 of my requests were in. I swear I do not remember requesting these books or asking the library to order them but I'm happy to have them nonetheless.  Can't wait to see what trouble Tony Chu gets into next in Vol 3 and Vol 4.



I found some pretty decent books listed on Kindle for free so Paul Anka grabbed them up.  I'm always afraid I'll want it later and it won't be free anymore?  #Kindledilemma. "When Darkness Falls" is an occult-centered book, "The Parasite" is straight-out horror (and I've read other good things by the author) and "Undertaking Irene" is a mystery.  "Made a Killing" is the first in a series of Scottish crime books which I thought might be interesting.  They say "Email From a Vampire" is Sookie Stackhouse meets London and another Amy Cross book, "The Ash House" showed up.  All of these were free when I grabbed them but as usual, check before you click.






Finally I've scored some awesome review books!  "Murder on Black Swan Lane" is the start to a new series and "The Goblins of Bellwater" involves goblin curses and I'm fascinated by the idea of goblins.  I think I jumped up and down when I received approval for "Odd & True" and "The Party" might be a decent thriller (although I've not had great thriller luck lately but maybe "You Were Here" has changed that pattern).


So what books did you add to your stacks this week?  Hope everyone has a great weekend and is avoiding storms and bad weather if you live in the US.



35 comments:

  1. I agree with the Kindle dilemma! I'll grab the free stuff whether it is on Amazon or through authors newsletters or whatever, then I'll take a bit of time researching it, reading reviews and deciding if I want to read or delete it. Some deals are only on for a day or two so grab now decide later is my motto! I haven't really heard of most of your books this week but I love the cover for Goblins of Bellwater! Odd & True sounds kind of intriguing but I don't really like books set in that time period. Might reconsider if I see lots of great reviews on it! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is an awesome cover isn't it. I have to admit it's what initially grabbed my attention. Odd & True comes out in September so it will be a while before I get to it but I'll keep you posted.

      Delete
  2. Congrats on Odd and True! I want to read it as well, but I have a ban on requesting books for a while. I saw Goblins of Bellwater on NetGalley (just browsing, I swear!) And would read it just for the cover:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you - I suck at bans so I'm not even setting one, though I should. I love the cover as well and am really curious about the book. Have a great and relaxing weekend Tammy!

      Delete
  3. I've never read Chew. Email from a Vampire and Murder on Black Swan Lane both look great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Chew series is quickly becoming one of my favorite graphic novel ones.

      Delete
  4. Never read Chew, but I've heard some great things about it. My co-bloggers loved it.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great selection of thriller and mystery, I'm definitely adding The Parasite to my list. I have the problem with adding books to my Kindle and then forgetting I added them. Have a wonderful day and Happy Reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Parasite looks and sounds awesome doesn't it?

      Delete
  6. I have that kindle problem all of the time...lol. I really want Murder on Black Swan Lane just cause of the cover...lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cover is what drew me in as well. Great minds think alike huh?

      Delete
  7. Most of these are new to me, but The Goblins of Bellwater looks and sounds so good! Definitely something I might try. I hope you enjoy all of your new books, Barb!

    Have a lovely weekend. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Email from a vampire certainly has the most eye catching of titles!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoy your books! Chew is new to me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Odd and True! So exciting. I was going to request it but I'm trying to clean up the review pile I've let fall behind first... if all else fails, I can get it from the library. :) Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't help myself and refuse to make excuses - haha.

      Delete
  11. Your books are all new to me. I'm curious about The Party.

    Enjoy! Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds like a pretty decent thrilled although I've not had the best luck with that genre lately.

      Delete
  12. The Goblins of Bellwater has a beautiful cover and sounds interesting for sure. Some great finds.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved reading Chew! I need to read the rest of this series soon!

    Here’s my Sunday Post!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog and join in this week’s Book Photo Sundays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope my library keeps getting the rest of the volumes in.

      Delete
  14. I try to restrain myself from grabbing books just because they're free but some are too good to pass up. It's also a great way to find new authors. You got some great books this week. Enjoy!

    My Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least I know I have them if I want to read them later.

      Delete
  15. These look great, Barb! I am thinking that I may need to request the Goblin book. I like the idea of it. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh good, you're going to be reading Odd & True! I prob won't read that one, but I need someone to tell me if it actually has disability in it since it mentions the MC having chronic pain from when she polio.

    I feel the same way about kindle freebies. Like, maybe I don't want this book right now... but if my tastes or mood changes and I want to read it in the future and then it's not free anymore?! And that is why I have over a thousand ebooks lol. Gonna check out the vampire one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will keep that in mind when I read it so I can let you know.

      Delete
  17. LOL I do the same thing with kindle. If it's a freebie and it looks good I figure...sure! Never know when you'll really really want it and then it won't be free.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Isn’t it great that when we don’t remember someting sometimes we get pleasantly surprised :) I’m intrigued by anything tarot reading related so I’ll check out The Parasite" I loved Sookie Stackhouse, the TV series but I was never able to get through the books :(
    I was thinking about requesting Odd and True. I've seen good reviews! But I'm soooo behind with my arcs. I dare not :) Happy reading Barb, You got good stuff here as usual my blog sista! :)

    ReplyDelete