Friday, May 26, 2017

Weekly Reads (05/26/16)


So this week has been kind of up and down. As you are reading this, I am traipsing across the hills of West Virginia taking my grandfather to place flowers on the family graves.  There are two remote cemeteries which we need to visit so it's about a 6 hour day and lots of back roads.  I took the day off though because it's supposed to be pretty tomorrow and rain the rest of the weekend and we don't want to go in the rain.

We've had some small plumbing issues this week which can't be fixed until the plumber comes on Tuesday. I hope it doesn't end up being too much but somehow things always turn bigger so we'll see. Right now I just keep saying "It could be worse....it could be worse."

We ended up watching "Logan" the other night and it's definitely a 5 star movie (or in my case 5 paws).  I even teared up in a place or two and am amazed that a Marvel movie made me that sad. Anyone who likes the franchise should watch it because I think overall it's one of the best.

I had a good reading weekend last weekend but when Monday hit, things slowed down.  I blame "Flame in the Mist" because I can't seem to get into it,  I'm hoping that changes.  Here are the books I hope to dive into over my 4 day weekend.  I am on page 130 of "Flame in the Mist" and halfway done with "Harley Quinn."  The other two are fairly short and I'm in the mood for horror so we'll see what plays out.


So what are your plans this upcoming week???

15 comments:

  1. Good luck with the plumbing stuff! Sorry to hear that... that's never fun. Hope you have a fabulous Memorial day weekend. I just watched Suicide Squad so now I want to know more about Harley Quinn. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ADORED Suicide Squad. I know it got bad reviews but I thought it was tons of fun. Of course I love Harley Quinn so it was pretty much an automatic that I loved it too.

      Delete
  2. I hate weeks where it's one thing after another...I've had a pretty poor one myself. Got some decent reading done but I kind of started late this week so not as much as I'd like! Have a really great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, my reading picked up after I decided to DNF a book - yep, you heard me right. Once that happened, I devoured my next book almost in one sitting. Definitely the boost I needed.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you have a long day ahead of you, but how kind to do that for your Grandfather! My son graduated from high school last night and I'm exhausted from all the emotions and having family visit. I also have a nice long weekend, since I took today off work. Good luck with your reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It actually wasn't too bad. We stopped to see some family I really enjoy visiting and my Mom even went along with us so Grandpa enjoyed telling her all the family history. Yay for extended weekends.

      Delete
  4. I hope Flame in the Mist picks up for you. It is really nice of you to take your grandfather to visit family graves. One of my best days alone with my grandmother was when we went to visit my dad's grave. She was so glad that I would take her to do that. Enjoy your long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately Flame in the Mist wasn't for me. I decided to DNF it because I was putting off reading just because I hated to pick it up. I know lots of people loved it and I'm glad, but I really needed to put it down.

      Delete
  5. Aww...I'm sorry you're not completely feeling Flame in the Mist. :( It's one of my most anticipated books so I hope you're able to get into it more. Thanks for sharing and, as always, fabulous post! <3

    ~ Zoe @ Stories on Stage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you love it more than I did. It's getting some good reviews so I'd say it just wasn't for me.

      Delete
  6. Sorry to hear about your trouble with Flame in the Mist, though I feel you - I had some issues getting into that one myself. Good luck with powering through!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I DNF'd it. It had to be done. It was making me not want to read at all so I think it was for the best.

      Delete
  7. Wow, it sounds like you guys have a lot going on. I hope the weather held up for you and your grandfather. Plumbing issues are no fun! Maybe it will be a small fix. *fingers crossed*

    I've put off watching Logan, but now I want to see it. I may have to do that today. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you must watch Logan. Mr. Barb fixed one of the problems so when the plumber comes Tuesday, hopefully it will be a smaller job.

      Delete
  8. Hope you had a good trip with you granpa and that you were able to resolve the plumbing issues. I didn't enjoy Logan as much as I thought I was going to but I think its because I was distracted blogging LOL Good to hear you did enjoy it a lot. Looking forward to hear your thoughts about "Harley Quinn." Love that character so much! :)

    ReplyDelete