Saturday, May 13, 2017

Stacking the Shelves (110) / Sunday Post

Stacking the Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves or TBR piles, may it be physical or virtual.  This means you can include books you buy in a physical store, online, books you borrow from the library or friends, review books, gifts and of course, ebooks! The original meme was started over at Tynga's Reviews.  Clicking on the book (or title) should take you to the Goodreads page. 

This week I am also linking up with the Sunday Post which is hosted by Kimberly@Caffeinated Book Reviewer.  I'm hoping to discover some new blogs to love.

This week features some physical editions, some free/cheap Kindle acquisitions, and an ARC which ties in to a TV show which starts the 17th which might interest some of you.  Since Mr. Barb graduated college and since I typed quite a few of his papers for him, he got me a 3-month Book of the Month subscriptions as a thanks.  I doubt I will continue after that but it was a really good introductory deal and I received "Into the Water" for free.  My first choice was "The Love Interest."I also had to go out and but "A Dog's Way Home" since it was released this week and I'm a huge Cameron fan.



Of course I had to snag some Amazon freebies and daily deals for Paul Anka (my Kindle).  "Hands Full Of Shadow," "Til Fear Do Us Part," "The Vampire of Downing Street," and "Milk-Blood" are all horror and "Dark Side of Morning" and "Tahoe Blues" are mysteries.  All of these were free when I grabbed them but double check if you decide to purchase any of them.  



And finally got a digital ARC of "Downward Dog: Very Serious Haiku from a Very Serious Dog." This series starts Wednesday and looks adorable and hilarious (which means it will probably be canceled).  I can't wait to see what the book holds.






So what books did you add this week and what are you currently reading?  Hope everyone is having a wonderful Saturday/Sunday wherever you are!


26 comments:

  1. My books this week are apocalypse and politics...no it isn't a book about Trump! *giggles* I'm pleased that Mr Barb's hard work has paid off and that you got a gift for your help! Hopefully you can have a nice quiet week to enjoy now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't take reading about Trump. Living through him is proving hard enough. This weekend has been pretty quiet - yay!

      Delete
  2. yay! congrats to Mr. Barbs! That's awesome he graduated! and that was the best gift. FREE BOOKS. Life is good. Man you got awesome covers here today. I've read some review and I'm curious what you think of Into the Water. Thanks for sharing the deals. I grabbed Tahoe. Was still free! did I already say... "FREE BOOKS. Life is good."?? LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad it was still free. I love the cover to Into the Water and hope it's better than Girl in the Train. Although I only saw the movie.

      Delete
  3. Congrats to Mr. Barb. I hope you love all of your new books.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm kinda getting more excited about Into the Water as it gets more attention. And Downward Dog looks great! So true- seems like the best shows get cancelled. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. You got a lot of interesting looking books I hope you enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stormi. Hope you are feeling better.

      Delete
  6. Great haul! I was just on another blog and her hubby got books for her too. I said I might still be married if mine had bought me books. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also got Into the Water and The Love Interest from BOTM. I hope you enjoy all of your new reads!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking forward to your thoughts on the new W. Bruce Cameron! I loved A Dog's Purpose and A Dog's Journey.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure it will be sad. I still can't bring myself to watch A Dog's Purpose.

      Delete
  9. Oh my, you had me at Vampire of Downing Street! Perfect title has perfectly grabbed my attention!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like some interesting reading time! Enjoy! Stop by Cafinated Reads' Stacking The Shelves if you'd like!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've seen a lot of people with The Love Interest! Sadly that book is definitely not for me, because love triangle - no thank you. I am VERY curious about Tahoe Blues though. I hope you enjoy all of your new books!

    Have a lovely week, Barb. =)

    Check out my STS post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like triangles but I think this one has some twists so I'm willing to give it a try.

      Delete
  12. I keep seeing Into The Water everywhere and now I want it. :-)
    sherry @ fundinmental Sunday Memes

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looking forward to Into The Water.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh. Downward Dog. That looks amazing. lol

    ReplyDelete
  15. My audio hold for Into the Water just came in from the library so I'm really excited for that! I enjoyed Girl on the Train.

    ReplyDelete