Friday, March 11, 2016

Friday Reads (Known From Here On Out As Weekend Reads)


So far this month I have been chipping away at the extremely over ambitious March TBR(p).  I have been doing pretty good and have already checked off 4, almost 5, of the 16 I listed (I even have all the reviews done and linked to their appropriate challenges). I haven't even strayed yet (but the very fact that I am mentioning that might indicate doing so may be on the horizon).  Anyways, here is what I am planning for the weekend.

Wink Poppy Midnight - April Genevieve Tucholke.  Almost halfway done and I am interested in seeing where this one is headed.  Stayed up too late last night with it and put it down at a very critical point, so I am anxious to get into it again.








Spider-Gwen - Jason Latour, Robbi Rodriquez.  I usually have time to work in a graphic novel during my weekends off and getting this one checked off will definitely help the TBR(p) plans.








The Taxidermist's Daughter - Kate Mosse. I just reread the Goodreads synopsis and pretty much realized this will be my next endeavor.  I am craving something dark and gothic and this might fit the bill.









On a side note, Cassius treed his first cat this week in the backyard.  Now I missed what my husband describes as "a comical spectacle" but I got the blow by blow details.  He was limping slightly that evening, probably due to the fact that he thought he could stand straight up on his hind legs to reach the creature, but he was fine the next day (No cats were harmed in the making of this tale - I do not advocate cat abuse in any manner, even by dogs).  My little boy is growing up!

So what are your weekend plans?
 

1 comment:

  1. Being someone who hates cats and chases them out of my garden, I'm siding with the dog! Weekend plans? Book reviews (ugh) reading and assorted stuff on the computer that I keep putting off!

    ReplyDelete