Tuesday, March 22, 2016

TTT - Ten Books I Love But Haven't Talked About in a While.


This top 10 weekly meme is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and can be found HERE.  Each week they focus on lists which cover various topics related to books and reading.  This week I am focusing on ten books which I love but just haven't talked about enough or recently. 

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone - J.K. Rowling.  I really do love this series, I just never really talk about it.  There is so much Harry Potter love out there already that I feel like I rarely have anything to add. Reading this series truly was a magical experience though.







Minion (Vampire Huntress Legend #1) - L.A. Banks.  This series pretty much started my fascination with urban fantasy.  I think I have read the first 4-5 in the series before getting sidetracked.  However, it is one I would like to pick back up one day, even if it means starting over.  There are 12 altogether and I am just grateful Ms. Banks was able to finish it before she passed away.






Snow Garden - Christopher Rice.  I am sure I picked this book up initially because he is Anne Rice's son.  However, it was quickly transported into this mystery and although the book still haunts me, I can't really pinpoint why. 








Dead Witch Walking (The Hallows #1) - Kim Harrison.  Another wonderful urban fantasy read.  All I can say in Jenks...I need some more Jenks in my life.  Another series I don't mention much but is certainly one of my favorites.








The Trouble with Magic (A Bewitching Mystery #1): Madelyn Alt.  A great cozy mystery series which started my fascination with paranormal cozies.  I don't mention this series much at all.  The author abruptly stopped writing them and I could never track down any information about why.  #8 even had a cover and everything!







The Art of Racing in the Rain - Garth Stein.  One of the best dog books ever.   I love Enzo!









The Birthing House - Christopher Ransom.  One of the scariest books I have ever read and I don't get scared.  It has everything - possession, sexual obsession, murder, and a snake scene that will forever be burned in my mind (I hate them!!!!).  If you love horror, you should definitely check this book out.







Darkfever (The Fever #1) - Karen Marie Moning.  This series has really blown up over the past year, yet I rarely talk about it.  Must be because I read it in 2008 before everyone jumped on the bandwagon (for a change).








Going Bovine - Libba Bray.  Everyone knows this author because of The Diviners series, the Gemma Doyle series, and Beauty Queens, but I read this before I knew anything about her and OMG, I love this book!








Plague Town (Ashley Parker #1) - Dana Fredsti.  I don't think I have ever mentioned this book on my blog but this is one of my favorite zombie series.  It is tagged as Buffy meets The Walking Dead.








So, I am sure I have mentioned some pretty obscure titles, but I hope it encourages some of you to check them out.  I know I am always finding new things to read on Top Ten Tuesdays!  
 

8 comments:

  1. ok I'm gonna have to check those urban fantasies! How come I never heard of them! I'm tired of living under this rock :)

    Now off to add Minion, Dead Witch Walking and Darkfever Thanks for this great list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Plague town! I love that one. I also loved the second one, but I haven't read the third one yet. Gosh I really need too! Great list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of Going Bovine before, but I've definitely heard of Libba Bray - adding this one to my TBR now :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dead Witch Walking- love that title! :) And The Fever books do seem to be getting a lot of attention now...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have heard such great things about Going Bovine. I'm going to have to read it soon. It sounds great! The Art of Racing in the Rain is such a wonderful book. I wish I could give it to everyone to read.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Dead Witch Walking and the Hollows series...and of course, Harry Potter. I also love KMM. Going Bovine has been on my tbr since I was the Teen Lead at B&N but I've never gotten around to reading it. The Art of Racing in the Rain is fantastic! The others on your list, I've not read but have heard of the authors. Guess I better take a closer look at them. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, good list. The only one I've read is Garth Stein's. Enzo is pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, that Birthing House sounds way too scary for me! (Scariest - and last scary book - I read was The Shining!) Gotta love Enzo! And Harry Potter!

    ReplyDelete