Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday (46)



"Waiting on" Wednesday" is weekly meme hosted over at Breaking the Spine which spotlights upcoming anticipated releases. 





 
September 27, 2016 
FROM GOODREADS: 
In this stunning, fantastical debut novel from a bold new voice in the bestselling traditions of Christopher Moore and Jasper Fforde, a ferryman for the dead finds his existence unraveling after making either the best decision or the biggest mistake of his immortal life.

Ferryman Charlie Dawson saves dead people—somebody has to convince them to move on to the afterlife, after all. Having never failed a single assignment, he's acquired a reputation for success that’s as legendary as it is unwanted. It turns out that serving as a Ferryman is causing Charlie to slowly lose his mind. Deemed too valuable by the Ferryman Institute to be let go and too stubborn to just give up in his own right, Charlie’s pretty much abandoned all hope of escaping his grim existence. Or he had, anyway, until he saved Alice Spiegel. To be fair, Charlie never planned on stopping Alice from taking her own life—that sort of thing is strictly forbidden by the Institute—but he never planned on the President secretly giving him the choice to, either. Charlie’s not quite sure what to make of it, but Alice is alive, and it’s the first time he’s felt right in more than two hundred years.

When word of the incident reaches Inspector Javrouche, the Ferryman Institute's resident internal affairs liaison, Charlie finds he's in a world of trouble. But Charlie’s not about to lose the only living, breathing person he’s ever saved without a fight. He’s ready to protect her from Javrouche and save Alice from herself, and he’s willing to put the entire continued existence of mankind at risk to do it.

Written in the same vein as bestselling modern classics such as The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde and A Dirty Job by Christopher Moore, The Ferryman Institute is a thrilling supernatural adventure packed with wit and humor.


WHY I'M WAITING:  I have been rediscovering my love for horror the past few years and this sounds like a great combination of horror with a tad bit of humor thrown i.  Plus, it mentions being along the lines of Christopher Moore, whom I love.  

What are you waiting for this week?

 

10 comments:

  1. Huh that sounds different. I don't think I've read anything like that, the closet I would say is the Valkyries ushering people in to Valhalla so this sounds pretty interesting. My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of this book before but it sounds fabulous! I am turning more into horror and humor lately as well. I will have to keep an eye out for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some horror appeals to me, and this one sounds very interesting. Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow this sounds really great!!!! Thanks for putting it on my radar. I'm headed to add it to my to read list on Goodreads now. :)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AH, this one sounds really interesting! I love stories that are a good combo of creepy and funny! Definitely keeping an eye out for this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds utterly fantastic! The ferryman?! Excellent, out of the box choice for a character! Here's mine: http://editingeverything.com/blog/2016/03/08/wow-borderline/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't horror but if I did I would defintely be reading this one!

    Renee ~ My Wow

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pick this is actually the first time I heard about this book, but the book looks and sounds absolutely amazing and fantastic! Thank you for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I LOVE Chriistopher Moore (and Jasper Fforde too). But... not so sure about the horror. Sounds intriguing... but might be too much for me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I hadn't heard of this one before, but it sounds really interesting. I hope you'll enjoy it. Thanks for sharing, and for stopping by my WoW earlier. :)

    ReplyDelete