Saturday, March 12, 2016

Stacking the Shelves (56) - But in my defense, I did read a lot this week...


Stacking the Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves or TBR piles, may it be physical or virtual.  This means you can include books you buy in a physical store, online, books you borrow from the library or friends, review books, gifts and of course, ebooks! The original meme was started over at Tynga's Reviews.  Clicking on the book should take you to the Goodreads page. 

I was thinking it was going to be a slow week, but then some ARC requests came in all at once.  Still, I am pretty pleased with with I added to my shelves/ebook.

First off, I bought the following three books for my Kindle because I have been eagerly anticipating their release and basically because I could (Black Magic Woman was only $3.03 - who sets these prices???):



Black Magic Woman Guile The Steep and Thorny Way


I received the following ARCs from Netgalley and Edelweiss:

When They Come Calling/></a></td> 
<td><a href= Nightstruck The Demonists
Sawbones Tumbledown Manor Through the Veil

And Entangled Teen sent me the following which are due to release early May. They will definitely be on the April TBR:

The Society True Born

So what did you add to your shelves this week?

 

13 comments:

  1. I'm curious about The Demonists...I'm thinking about using my next Amazon voucher to try it. Will be curious to see what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have lot of weeks that I think that I am doing really good and them all of my requested get approved at once. I almost requested The Demonists so I will be looking forward to your thoughts on that one. Enjoy all of your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just requested The Demonist from tantor audio, looks very interesting. :) I also got Tumbletown Manor this week and because you are such a bad influence I went and requested Nightstruck and while there requested another...lol. Can't get away without looking around. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm very curious about the Demonist as well. I haven't read Jenna Black before, but I do have two of her books in my tbr pile that I should really dig out and read. Black Magic Woman looks interesting. I almost purchased it a few months back. I'm not sure what held me off.

    I'm curious to see what you think. Great haul. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am curious about Tumbledown Manor...it does look fascinating. Enjoy your haul, and here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  6. You got a lot of books this week, I really like the sound of When they come calling and might have to tiptoe over to Netgalley and have a look :)

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yay mny great books for you and some I'm quite intrigued into I confess! happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. On Through the Veil and Nightstruck look really good. I missed them on Netgalley. Hope you enjoy!

    My StS: http://bambi-unbridled.blogspot.com/2016/03/stackin-shelves-24-and-prep-for-rt.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. SO many pretty books and awesome-sounding titles! I'm going to have to look a few of these up.

    Also, YAY at seeing The Steep and Thorny Way on here--that book is SOOO good! Here's hoping you enjoy your books--happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice variety. I'm drawn to The Society and the red seal. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow. You've got some great books from NetGalley and Edelweiss. Happy reading.
    Deanna's Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE all the books you got :) especially the Demonist! Sniegoski's The Fallen is one of my favorite books! what made me an urban fantasy fan. I just requested it from NetGalley :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You got some great finds on Netgalley and Edelweiss this week! I love looking for bargin priced ebooks. I don't typically talk about all of the ebooks I buy for cheap, but I love getting them. I hope you enjoy your reading this week!

    ReplyDelete