Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday (47)



"Waiting on" Wednesday" is weekly meme hosted over at Breaking the Spine which spotlights upcoming anticipated releases. 









 
June 14, 2016

FROM GOODREADS:
In her extraordinary debut, Spells of Blood and Kin, Claire Humphrey deftly weaves her paranormal world with vivid emotional depth and gritty violence. Bringing together themes of death, addiction, and grief, Claire takes readers on a human journey that goes beyond fantasy.

When her beloved grandmother dies suddenly, 22-year-old Lissa Nevsky is left with no choice but to take over her grandmother's magical position in their small folk community. That includes honoring a debt owed to the dangerous stranger who appears at Lissa's door.

Maksim Volkov needs magic to keep his brutal nature leashed, but he's already lost control once: his blood-borne lust for violence infects Nick Kaisaris, a charming slacker out celebrating the end of finals. Now Nick is somewhere else in Toronto, going slowly mad, and Maksim must find him before he hurts more people.

Lissa must uncover forbidden secrets and mend family rifts in order to prevent Maksim from hurting more people, including himself. If she fails, Maksim will have no choice but to destroy both himself and Nick.


WHY I'M WAITING: Dark fantasy, paranormal elements and magic - everything I like in a good book and I can't wait to see what this one delivers!

What are you waiting for this week?
 
 

8 comments:

  1. Wow, not my usual pick, but it does sound like it might reel me in. Thanks for sharing...and enjoy! And thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one sounds right up my alley :) Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds quite interesting but I generally find this kind of book slow. Will see what your review is when you get it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard of this one, but it sounds like it has a lot of things I enjoy in a book in it. I hope you love this one when you get to read it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! This sounds like a book that's totally up my alley. And I LOVE the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not heard of this one but it sounds interesting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This one is new to be but it sounds great! I may need to pick this one up myself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhh great pick this one looks and sounds very intriguing and utterly fantastic! This is the first time I heard about this book, I most definitely am going to add it to my tbr list as well. I hope you do enjoy this book when you get a chance. Thank you for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete