Saturday, June 11, 2016

Stacking the Shelves (68) Retail Therapy

Stacking the Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves or TBR piles, may it be physical or virtual.  This means you can include books you buy in a physical store, online, books you borrow from the library or friends, review books, gifts and of course, ebooks! The original meme was started over at Tynga's Reviews.  Clicking on the book should take you to the Goodreads page.  

If you read yesterday's post,  you know it was somewhat of a stressful week, which unfortunately (or fortunately - however you look at it), it resulted in a little of retail book therapy.  I also had to stop by the library to pick up a reserve book and I was granted some AWESOME ARCS so the book collection grows.

From the library I grabbed: 


Descender Vol. 1 Pride of Baghdad Pit Bull Queen of the Night

Then I grabbed this beautiful book on my weekly Walmart run:

 End of Watch

And no I haven't even started the trilogy yet but it's a must that I buy all of King's new releases in hardback and all three of them do look glorious together!!

For my Kindle I grabbed these titles.  I think I spent less than $10.00 for all 4 so that isn't too bad.


Rosehead Still Surviving Henry The Drop The Crazy Girl's Handbook

I saw "Rosehead" on Elena Reads Books Booktube channel this week and it sounds super quirky so I was immediately sold.  "Surviving Henry" was one of the first review books I featured on my blog and I loved his story so much.  I found out recently Henry passed away and as he got me though the death of my beloved Barkley, even though we never met, I had to grab this when I learned it was already out.  And my husband and I love the movie "The Drop" so when I saw it as a Kindle deal this month, I figured why not.  Tom Hardy is awesome in this movie and it is quickly becoming one of my favorites!

And finally I received the following ARCS from netgalley and the publishers:

Repo Madness Nevernight Hammers on God She Bites

I was so excited to get "Repo Madness" I think I did a little dance. I had not heard of "Hammers on God" before Tor sent the invitation but after reading the synopsis, I had to accept it. Finally, I received the email invitation for "She Bites" late Sunday night while sitting at the ER vet with Booker T. and since it is about a vigilante veterinarian, I thought it was fate. I think the authors will be doing something for my blog soon so I am excited.

So what did you add to your growing TBR's this week?  Have you read any of these????


10 comments:

  1. Oh man. You got some amazing books. I hope you love all of your new books this week.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got some great books and you sure did need now retail therapy. I need to get that SK trilogy.

    Enjoy!
    Stormi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of any of those NetGalley picks except for I remember seeing Repo Madness before (maybe here?). I need to read more Stephen King. I have only read a couple of his books. Enjoy all of your new reads!

    Carole @ Carole's Random Life

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a big believer in Retail Book Therapy which I managed to indulge in minutes after unpacking yesterday! There were a couple of books I tried to find on holiday and couldn't so that was the excuse to buy them when I got home as I believe you are still on holiday the day you get home...any excuse for books!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am always so happy to get new books...now if I could only find the time to read them, along with all those I already have! lol

    Enjoy! I'm curious about the Stephen King trilogy, and yes, some books must be hardcover.

    Here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not familiar with most of your new books, but I do spy Nevernight! I have that one as well and am very excited to have the chance to read it early. I hope you enjoy all of your new books!

    Have a fabulous week, Barb. :)

    Check out my STS post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful array of books! I love quirky books, so I will look into Rosehead. I hope the coming week is less stressful for you so you can sit and enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anything Stephen King makes it to my TBR list. I absolutely love his writing style!

    Stop by and say hi if you like!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow so many great books! I hope you enjoy all of the books you got this week :)

    Sofia @ SofiaLovesReading

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't started that Stephen King series yet either. Nor has my husband and he is a big fan. But at least now you have the last book so that you can!

    ReplyDelete