Friday, June 10, 2016

Weekend Reads (6/10/16)


So it's been a heck of a week.  I'm pretty sure I may have angered someone in the Universe.  Then again, maybe not - who knows.  Sunday started out with a late night trip to the ER Vet because Booker T was having an allergic reaction to something and wouldn't leave his eyes and face alone. Firstly, I'm grateful our town has an ER vet, even if it costs $90.00 to walk in the door.  Secondly, we would do whatever is needed for our boys.  But that being said, I left out house at 10:00 pm and returned at 2:00 am.  And there were only 3 people/animals in front of me.  SLOWEST VET EVER! And it's only a 10 minute drive from my house so most of it was spent sitting in the waiting room.
Needless to say, I had given T. Benedryl before we left the house and he was doing better by the time we even saw the vet but he got a shot and some pills just to make sure.  And FYI, the correct Benadryl dose for a dog is 1 mg per 1 lb of weight.  I know what taking 4 would do to me, I can't imagine giving that to my dog!  All is well now.

Then I found out Monday my truck was in need of a new alternator (battery was draining rather rapidly) so I had that fixed Tuesday before I ended up stranded somewhere.  It's just been nuts.

We watched some movies this week and I did finish a couple of books and am in the middle of a third.  We watched "The Other Side of the Door" which was a decent horror movie and not bad at all for a rental. But the main character is played by Sarah Wayne Callies (Lori from The Walking Dead) and unfortunately, I think she will always be Lori to me and therefore I don't really care what happens to her in any movie).  We also watched "Race" which is the Jessie Owens story.  AWESOME!  I loved it so much and am so glad we watched it.  A thoroughly enjoyable 2 1/2 hours.

So this weekend, here's what I hope to read.  I'm almost 70% done with "To Catch A Treat" so I'm sure it will get done.  I may toss in a graphic novel as you will see tomorrow, I did haul a few from the library.  Here's what's on tap:



So what do you have planned for the weekend and the week ahead?



3 comments:

  1. I'm glad Booker T is feeling better-poor boy! Sounds like a week to forget for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad Booker T is doing better. You have had a rough week! Hope you enjoy your weekend reads! :)

    Stormi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Booker T. Waiting is the hardest but waiting in the middle of the night is the worst kind of waiting. You are right - that vet was sloooow. Sorry that you had to have your truck repaired. I hate it when things break...yesterday it was our A/C unit. Enjoy your books this weekend!

    Carole @ Carole's Random Life

    ReplyDelete