Friday, June 24, 2016

Weekly Reads (06/24/16)


Ok.  I have 2 rants this week I will quickly get out of the way.  First of all, the weather Gods need to settle down.  I had 2 hours sleep Wednesday night because poor T was upset because of the storms all night.  Now I am thankful we were lucky, but I still HATE STORMS.  I would take a snowstorm over a thunderstorm any day - and I don't like the cold that much so that's saying a lot.  Secondly, can we not just leave wild animals alone.  I am sure zoos serve a purpose and I know that there are good professionals out there trying to help endangered species survive and study how to help animals, but the shooting of the jaguar in Rio this week was the final straw for me and I think all wild animals should live in their own habitats now.  OK, rant over.

We watched 2 indie films this week - Blackway and Regression.  Blackway was really good and starred Anthony Hopkins and Julia Styles (one of my favorite actresses) but I could have skipped Regression.  Don't know what we will watch this weekend as there aren't that many new releases. I also finished 2 books and started a third.  Since I got hung up on one which almost caused a slump, several books this week are repeats of last week.  Here's what I hope to get to this weekend and following week:


The Suicide Motor Club Dog Gone The Madness of Mercury

I have already started "The Suicide Motor Club" and am finding it just the kind of book I need to read right now. These vampires are scary, creepy and best of all, they don't sparkle! I also may throw in a graphic novel or two. Also, this was the first week of Summer COYER and it's great to be able to chat with all the old participants and meet some new!

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!  Well wishes from the Farm!

3 comments:

  1. I'm right there with you on the wild animal thing, Barb. It makes me sick when things like this happen. But I'm glad to see you're enjoying The Suicide Motor Club! Have a great weekend:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I didn't hear about the Rio incident but I agree with you. Wild animals are wild for a reason, they are unpredictable and can never be tamed no matter what others think. I have A Madness of Mercury and really need to get to it but I have fallen so behind on reviews...sighs. Hope you enjoy all your books as that Suicide one sounds interesting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you on the storms. Storms scare me but where I live they are very rare. High winds are more of a problem and they make me really nervous. I'd rather have more snow than high winds. Snow is rare here too. Ooh, new vampires...must check that out!

    ReplyDelete