Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday (59)


"Waiting on" Wednesday" is weekly meme hosted over at Breaking the Spine which spotlights upcoming anticipated releases.







 
September 6, 2016
FROM GOODREADS: Working in an alternate version of Victorian London, Librarian-spy Irene has settled into a routine, collecting important fiction for the mysterious Library and blending in nicely with the local culture. But when her apprentice, Kai, a dragon of royal descent, is kidnapped by the fae, her carefully crafted undercover operation begins to crumble.

Kai’s abduction could incite a conflict between the forces of chaos and order that would devastate all worlds and all dimensions. To keep humanity from getting caught in the crossfire, Irene will have to team up with a local fae leader to travel deep into a version of Venice filled with dark magic, strange coincidences, and a perpetual celebration of Carnival—and save her friend before he becomes the first casualty of a catastrophic war.

But navigating the tumultuous landscape of fae politics will take more than Irene’s book-smarts and fast-talking—to ward off Armageddon, she might have to sacrifice everything she holds dear...

  
WHY I'M WAITING:  I just finished "The Invisible Library" this past weekend and my review will be posted tomorrow.  I absolutely loved it and am thrilled I don't have to wait too long to continue (although the wait is long enough). 

What are you waiting for this week and have you read "The Invisible Library" yet????? 

 

12 comments:

  1. First...I love the cover! I also love masks so I was pulled in from there! Sounds interesting! My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness I guess I need to get on the ball and read the first one I didn't expect the next part to be out so soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good series. Hope you enjoy book 2! I love the idea of her being a librarian. Adding it to my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWESOME pick, Barb!!

    This is definitely a GREAT cover! And, of course, the plot is fabulous!! I have this series on my Goodreads shelves, and am very excited about reading it! I ADORE books about books!! Also, the whole concept of a "librarian-spy" is so original! I really need to read the first book soon!

    Thanks for sharing!! Also, thanks for commenting on my own WOW earlier!! Have a GREAT day!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so eagerly waiting for this too. Great pick and I hope we both enjoy it! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so eagerly waiting for this too. Great pick and I hope we both enjoy it! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds different from the books I normally read. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like a book about a librarian spy and an alternate Victorian London. I'll have to check it out. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohh great pick Barb this is the first time I hear about this book and it really looks and sounds absolutely fantastic. I hope you enjoy it when you get the chance. Here is my WOW pick for this week.
    http://katibookaholicrambligreview.blogspot.com/2016/06/waiting-on-wednesday-38-midnight-star.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like a good choice! I'm a new Bloglovin' follower. If you'd like, please stop by and see my brew of WoW .

    ReplyDelete
  11. Is this part of a series? Even if not, it sounds amazing -- library, secret agents and the supernatural are a mix I can get behind!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you love this one!! I need to read the first one in this series. It sounds fantastic!

    ReplyDelete