Saturday, June 18, 2016

Stacking the Shelves (69)


Stacking the Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves or TBR piles, may it be physical or virtual.  This means you can include books you buy in a physical store, online, books you borrow from the library or friends, review books, gifts and of course, ebooks! The original meme was started over at Tynga's Reviews.  Clicking on the book should take you to the Goodreads page.  

I've decided there really is nothing like a weekly haul that puts book buying/collecting into perspective.  But I stopped making excuses months ago so I will just show you the books!

From the Penguin First to Read program I received: 



I also finally received the 3 books I ordered from Book Depository what seems like ages ago.  Thank heavens for free shipping and decent deals (I rarely order from them as Amazon is just too darn easy).  Yes, I finally got my big, beautiful copy of Hex!





And then I received the following from Netgalley and the publishers for review:


The Night Parade Iron Cast Unnatural Deeds Curioddity

Finally I was contacted bu Brian Adams to see if I would be willing to read his book, Kaboom! and provide a review.  It's set in the coal mining towns of WV so I thought it might be interesting to see what I think since I am a WV native and he has agreed to do an author interview as well so keep your eyes open for that.

 Kaboom


So what made it to your stacks this week? Have you read any of these?  Leave me a comment and I'll make sure to stop by and see your hauls (and more than likely add to my growing TBR pile)!

9 comments:

  1. Yeah, give in to the book hoarding! I had a splurge following my holiday which is never good for the tbr, but I can't seem to care right now! Hope you enjoy your latest reads!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I quit making excuses too as I try not to go overboard but some times it just happens. :) I figure I could be addicted to worse things. :)

    I really need to quit looking at your hauls cause I always find something I want...lol. :)

    Stormi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been interested Iron Cast. A lot of interesting books this week.

    My Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray for getting your copy of HEX! I hope you enjoy it, it's one of the creepiest books I've ever read :)

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  5. Second time I've seen The Iron Cast! I love the book's cover - I'm so curious about what the spine of the finished copy will look like. I hope you enjoy all of your new books!

    Have a fabulous week, Barb. :)

    Check out my STS post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely books! I'm curious about Unnatural Deeds. Enjoy! Here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  7. These all sound really good! Hope you enjoy them. :-) Here's my StS if you'd like to stop by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that is a great haul. I like to read a variety of books, too! I love the cover for once upon a wine. My brother has a dog just like that one! I also follow you on Bloglovin. have fun reading your books.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like some good ones from NetGalley! Enjoy all these! :)

    ReplyDelete