Saturday, January 7, 2017

Stacking the Shelves (95)


Stacking the Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves or TBR piles, may it be physical or virtual.  This means you can include books you buy in a physical store, online, books you borrow from the library or friends, review books, gifts and of course, ebooks! The original meme was started over at Tynga's Reviews.  Clicking on the book (or title) should take you to the Goodreads page. 

This is my first haul since the Christmas holidays so there may seem like a lot.  However, I was very spoiled by Mr. Barb and then I have my usual Kindle books and galleys I would like to share with you.  

First of all, Mr. Barb gave me "Prince: Life and Times: Revised" on Christmas Eve.  It's a GORGEOUS book and something I will treasure always.  It's an embossed hardback with lots of color photos/information and stunning end papers.  He said when he saw it in the local bookstore, he knew it was the perfect gift for me and I have to admit he was absolutely right.



He also gifted me "Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets" - illustrated, "Breaking Creed" by Alex Kava, "Heartless" by Marissa Meyer, "Small Great Things" by Jodi Picoult, "The Abhorsen Chronicles" which contains the first three books, and a wonderful, extremely chunky hardback copy of "The Fireman" by Joe Hill.  


 I got the following ARCs from Netgally.  The synopsis of "Gypsy" really grabbed my attention and I loved "The Ice Twins" so I had to request "The Fire Child."  Finally "Dear Sweet Filthy World" is by Caitlin R. Kiernan and I've read some of her other works and really liked them.




Finally, I was contacted by an author about reading his new book.  I really liked "Demon with a Comb Over" when I read it last year.  "Dread and Breakfast" has such a great cover so I agreed to read it.  Look for a review plus an author interview coming up sometime in February.



I know I've grabbed a few Kindle deals/freebies, but I'll just have to add them to next week's post. What did you add to your shelves this week???


26 comments:

  1. You must have been thrilled with that Prince book...what a great gift for you! And all the other books too! Santa has NOTHING on Mr Barb! I'm still looking out for a cheap copy of Demon with a comb-over!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I think you might like it if you get a chance to grab it.

      Delete
  2. Mr. Barb is the best. I'm hoping to read Small Great Things soon. I'm not sure when to fit it in. I'm thinking it's going to be a pretty powerful read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does doesn't it. I had it from First to Read but didn't get to it before it expired.

      Delete
  3. I just got Dear Sweet Filthy World as well, I just love the cover:-) How nice of Mr. Barb to get you books for Christmas! I always tell my husband not to because he wouldn't know where to start, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read some other stuff by Kiernan so I'm betting it will be good - fingers crossed.

      Delete
  4. That is great he spoils you with good books, do you give him a list or does he just know which ones you really want? I really want that Dread and Breakfast! So ran and put it on my wishlist for later. :)

    Happy reading!!!
    Stormi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He always asks for a list of ideas but the Prince book was totally all him.

      Delete
  5. I guess Heartless is popular this week. I got it as well. Great stack of books this week.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  6. You received some great books for Christmas! Mr. Barb did good. I'm curious about The Fire Child and Dear Sweet Filthy World. Enjoy all of these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved The Ice Twins so I'm hoping it's just as good.

      Delete
  7. I used to love Prince and that looks like a fabulous book! And I got a kick out of Dead and Breakfast- love those kind of titles. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure my love for Prince borders on crazy but Mr. Barb is so supportive. We even watched Purple Rain again during the holidays.

      Delete
  8. Mr. Barb is the coolest! That is a lot of books and great choices there. I loved Heartless. That story is so wonderful and heartbreaking and captivating. I hope you enjoy all of your new books!

    Have a fabulous week. :)

    Check out my STS post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good job, Mr. Barb! I NEED those illustrated HP books. Some day. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are some wonderful gifts for Christmas! Books are the gifts that keep on giving, imo. I hope you enjoy your new reads :)

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always give the people I love at least one book for Christmas. Even if they aren't huge readers, I can usually find something they will enjoy.

      Delete
  11. So many good looking books. I am jealous. :-)
    sherry @ fundinmental Sunday Memes

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mr. Barb is a great gifter! So many goodies there and I hope you enjoy them all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He always does well with gifts. I'm sure I'll love them.

      Delete
  13. Nice haul. I've been meaning to get the new HP. I want to see the new illustrations. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The illustrations are absolutely gorgeous.

      Delete