Saturday, January 28, 2017

Stacking the Shelves (97)


Stacking the Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves or TBR piles, may it be physical or virtual.  This means you can include books you buy in a physical store, online, books you borrow from the library or friends, review books, gifts and of course, ebooks! The original meme was started over at Tynga's Reviews.  Clicking on the book (or title) should take you to the Goodreads page. 

This week I was VERY fortunate to receive a couple of ARCs which I have been wanting since I first learned of them.  In fact, I think some of these requests were so long ago I forgot about them (not true, bookworms never forget about coveted books).  At least I only requested one this week.


Most people know how I feel about Lizzie Borden books so I'm thrilled my request for "See What I Have Done" finally came through.  I saw Stephen King raved about "Final Girls" and that's a good enough endorsement for me.  I've also had a request in form "Brimstone" by Cherie Priest (whom I love) for months and just got it yesterday and I don't even know how long ago I wished for "The Dragon's Price."


I read the first book in the Sophie Jaff series in 2015 and had kind of given up on the sequel, "Crown of Stars"until I saw it on Edelweiss earlier this week.  I was approved within an hour of my request which has to be a record for me.  "Sing, Unburied, Sing" is getting lots if hype and it doesn't come out until September (thank heaven) and I've done quite a bit of work with Entangled Teen and am really looking forward to reading "Guardian of Secrets" and "Proof of Lies."

I don't think I actually bought any books this week so that's good.  Although I did place a preorder but I'll save that for a future Can't Wait Wednesday feature - I hardly EVER preorder.  

Hope everyone has a great weekend and what did you add to your stacks this week???



26 comments:

  1. Looks like you did pretty well this week! I don't pre-order much except upcoming new paperbacks in series I enjoy. This is going to be a catchup weekend as I really need to get a pile of blog posts ready for next week with not being able to do them this week. Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually don't pre-order much either. I'm looking forward to all your posts.

      Delete
  2. It took me a long time to get approved for Brimstone too, but at least we did! I'm very happy that you got See What I Have Done, I can't wait to read your review:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm super excited about all of this week's haul. I had pretty much given up on Brimstone. Can't wait to jump into it.

      Delete
  3. I love it when a books I really really wants gets approved, makes me want to do a snoopy dance...lol. Looks like you got a great bunch of books and thankfully not any that are on my radar or I think I need so I don't add to my list....lol. That doesn't happen often. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It doesn't happen a lot does it? And you often return the enabling favor :)

      Delete
  4. You got a lot of books. Sometimes it takes a long time to get approved for certain books. I hope you love all of your new books.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great books this week! I have had a hard time resisting that Lizzie Borden book. I am determined to stay off of NetGalley though. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope your ban works. I know better than to even try!

      Delete
  6. I have the first book in the series for Guardians of Secrets that i haven't gotten to yet, story of my life i know. Hope you enjoy all the great books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed the first book and am excited to see what happens next.

      Delete
  7. I remember seeing that Lizzie Borden book here first on one of your Waiting on Wednesdays and it look so good! I was tempted to request it from NetGalley as well but then self-restraint won out. I think I'll wait to see reviews first, so I'll be looking forward to yours :)

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm such a sucker for Lizzie Borden books!

      Delete
  8. Guardian of Secrets looks good and that's a pretty nice haul.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm fascinated by Lizzie Borden too. Sounds like a good one for me. I'm actually liking all of the books you shared. No surprise as we like a lot of the same genres and authors. Enjoy, Barb!

    My Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do seem to read a lot of similar books. I can't wait to read the Lizzie book but since it doesn't come out for quite some time, I've got several in front of it.

      Delete
  10. Ooh, Brimstone! I'm definitely looking forward to Sing, Unburied, Sing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I think I may have seen it on your blog when I became interested.

      Delete
  11. I want Brimstone. Never requested it because I had just gotten back into the swing of things but I have enjoyed Cherie Priest almost every time I picked her stuff up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved Maplecroft and The Family Plot. I have also read one of her older works, Four and Twenty Blackbirds, and it was really good as well. I really don't think I can go wrong reading her books.

      Delete
  12. I'm super intrigued by See What I Have Done and I may have to request Final Girls after seeing a positive blurb from Stephen King. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they are both as awesome as I think they might be!

      Delete