Friday, January 20, 2017

Weekly Reads (01/20/17)


So I feel like one of the biggest accomplishments this week is that I finished "Little Heaven," but more on that later.  All is well here at The Farm.  The weather has been crazy.  60 degrees one day, 30 the next and then back up in 50's and 60's.  I'm thrilled to have a mild winter so far minus a few really cold days but you really never know what to expect.

We had off on MLK Day and it's made for a short week.  Why do short weeks always feel longer. Mr. Barb is in the second week of his online speech class which has made for some interesting technical learning curves.  The boys are doing great and we celebrated Cassius being with us for three years on January 18th.

It was a really decent movie week.  We watched "The Autopsy of Jane Doe" after I saw Stephen King mention it on twitter/website/somewhere.  It was awesome and probably one of my favorite horror movies in the past 6-8 months.  We also watched "Ouija - Origin of Evil" Tuesday and while it could have been better, it definitely wasn't horrible and that little girl was one scary possessed person!

As I mentioned, I finally finished "Little Heaven" and posted the review yesterday.  It took forever and I'm sad to say I didn't enjoy it as much as I wanted.  I'm kind of in a crazy reading mood as I really don't know what I'll pick up next but here are some of the contenders:


Hope everyone has a wonderful week ahead of them and I want to personally thank everyone for all the kind thoughts about Booker T last week.  You guys are the best!


14 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're all doing ok after the worry about Booker T. Hopefully things will stay nice and quiet for you. I can remember the days of ploughing through a never ending book...ugh no fun! At least you can move onto something else now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, started a new one last night finally (Down Among the Sticks and Bones) and am already hooked. Can totally see myself finishing it after work this evening.

      Delete
  2. I am curious what book you pick up to read after Little Heaven...lol. I took on The River at Night and I am about 25% in and not a lot has happened but it just now got to where they finally got to the river so I hope it picks up a bit now...fingers crossed. :)

    Happy reading!
    Stormi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually I am in the middle of a novella "Down Among the Sticks and Bones" which is the sequel to Seanan McGuire's "Every Heart a Doorway" which I loved. I didn't add it because it's short and probably just what I needed to get out of the "Little Heaven" slump.

      Delete
  3. I feel you on the Little Heaven struggle. I've been struggling through Nightmares for weeks. I told myself I was going to be the DNF queen but yet I keep going thinking the next story will be amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish someone could take a magic wand and grant me DNF power. If they ever do, I'll send them your way!

      Delete
  4. oh my wonderful horror-movie-lover sista slash soul mate spawn of super-cool-parents-that-let-her-read-watch-and-listen to anything thanks for letting me know about "The Autopsy of Jane Doe"!!! you know how hard it is to find a good horror movie that can still scare us followers of the dark sides of life ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you figured out why we are like we are :) I try to share the good ones when I find them. We probably would have never watched it if I weren't such a King addict and told my husband "But Stephen King liked it" (insert whiny manipulative voice). He loved it too by the way.

      Delete
  5. The weather here has been bouncing around a lot as well. I like the warm days but I think they make the cold days feel even colder. I hope Booker T is still doing well. Have a great reading week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is and thanks for asking. I'm glad the weather here has been warmed but I hope February isn't horrible! I keep waiting for the weather bomb to drop:)

      Delete
  6. I'm in a kind of crazy mood for reading as well, and Nemesis is also one of the many contenders on my reading list. Kind of anxious to dig in, it looks like it could be really good!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nemesis may end up being the first February read. I couldn't help it and read "Down Among the Sticks and Bones" by Seanan MeGuire yesterday. OMG I love that series so much. Jack and Jill's story is a wonderful addition!

      Delete
  7. I will have to seek out The Autopsy of Jane Doe. I don't get to watch many horror movies these days with little ones at home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so surprised we liked it so much. Yea, I imagine it would be hard to watch horror with little ones at home!

      Delete