Saturday, January 14, 2017

Stacking the Shelves (97)

Stacking the Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves or TBR piles, may it be physical or virtual.  This means you can include books you buy in a physical store, online, books you borrow from the library or friends, review books, gifts and of course, ebooks! The original meme was started over at Tynga's Reviews.  Clicking on the book (or title) should take you to the Goodreads page. 

I had three books on reserve at the local library which came in this week.  I hope no one else wants them right away so I can renew them a time or two but only time will tell on that one.


I've heard great things about "The Unseen World" and "My Sister Rosa" and I recently read a review of "The Hundred Lies of Lizzie Lovett" which piqued my interest so when I saw my library had ordered a copy, I went ahead and reserved it as well.  Of course, they all came in at once.

Then I received some books for review.  I didn't make a resolution to not request many books on Netgalley (it's more like a secret aspiration) because I knew I would break it.  Needless to say, I'm thrilled for all of these and fully admit to being a book addict.



"Gardenia" caught my attention early on, and "I'll Eat When I'm Dead" is a mystery which I'll admit, was a spur of the moment request.  "Silence Fallen" is by one of my favorite authors but I am SURE I requested it over 4-5 months ago and just NOW got approved.  "A Face Like Glass" sounds so interesting and "Death by Chocolate Lab" and "The Right Side" are the products of a new disorder I diagnosed myself with earlier this week, C-ADHD or Canine - ADHD.  I featured "The Right Side" a few weeks ago on a W.O.W. and am sure I did a mini-dance when I received the approval.

Lastly, I want to show you a few of the books I recently grabbed for Free or as Daily Deals for Amazon.  I don't remember which is which so check before you click.

I'm pretty sure "The Night Bird" was a Kindle First grab.  I checked out "The Burning Glass" twice from the library but never read it so when I saw it for $1.99 I went ahead and grabbed it.  I'm pretty sure "The Devil's Bed," "The Devil's Ark," and "Dead Man" were all free.

So what did you add to your shelves this week???

21 comments:

  1. I actually updated my Netgalley account as I might look at the odd book here and there but only if there is something I REALLY want to try! I still plan to focus mostly on the books I own. I don't think I've tried Domino Finn so might do something about that...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully you were able to get the Finn book while it was still free.

      Delete
  2. I have Burning Glass too and need to read it! Also haven't heard of it but A Face like Glass looks kind of creepy in the best way Hope you can keep the library books! My Shelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it is creepy, if it is, it'll be right up my alley.

      Delete
  3. I'm a book addict too! I see that you have Silence Fallen! I loved, loved, loved that book! I haven't written my review yet but it was amazing. Enjoy all of these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The problem is I'm two books behind. Bet you can already guess what's going to show up on my February Musts and Mights.

      Delete
  4. Well, I told myself I wasn't going to get as many books this year but to do that I think I need to stay away from your blog...lol. I just requested The Right Side and Grabbed the Chocolate Lab book, then got a few of those freebies and bought The Night Bird cause I was looking at it as a Kindle First and well just went for it...lol.

    Your such a bad influence, I hope I can get you back....lol. ;)

    Stormi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you will get me back many times before 2017 is over. Don't do something crazy like stay away - I'd miss ya!

      Delete
    2. Yeah, sticking to my resolution to read from the tbr pile may not work out for me . . .

      Delete
  5. Great haul this week. I admit I'm only familiar with Patricia Briggs' Silence Fallen, but it's definitely a highly anticipated read for me!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Briggs was one of the first urban fantasy authors I feel in love with - her and Laurell K. Hamilton. I'm so excited to continue on.

      Delete
  6. Those bookish resolutions are so hard to keep lol. Can't wait to read the MErcy thompson books!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw The Right Side pop up on Edelweiss, and I was on the fence about grabbing it. Let me know what you think of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of my most highly anticipated books this year.

      Delete
  8. I didn't love Burning Glass as much as I wanted to, but I hope you enjoy all of these! Have a great week!


    SP & STS
    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard mixed things and would have never paid full price for it.

      Delete
  9. I actually do really good not requesting many books from Netgalley - for me the problem is my audio review requests! But I made no resolutions on that front because I love my audio books and do not want to slow their roll! LOL! Enjoy your reads :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I don't do audio books - it would be something else for me to request! I agree, why make resolutions you know you'll break.

      Delete
  10. Very nice haul, Barb. Do I see a dog on the cover of The Right Side. Curious what that one is about. Happy reading!

    My Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it's about a military vet and the dog who helps her reintegrate back into society in some manner. I hope I love it!

      Delete