Friday, January 27, 2017

Weekly Reads (01/27/16)


Man, I can't believe it's already the the 27th.  This month sure has flown and I've definitely not done as much reading as I wanted to do (looking at you "Little Heaven"). This week has been and up and down of temperatures and they are calling for snow this weekend but not real accumulation - so far.

We watched a few movies over the past week - some good and some "meh."  First off was "Girl on a Train."  Now I never read the book, although I own it but we were decided to go ahead with it one night and can I just say, I had the ending figured out before we reached the half-way mark.  I know it was supposed to have this mind-altering twist at the end and I pretty much just found the whole thing predictable.  Next we watched "Hush" on Netflix.  I'd heard good things about this and oh my gosh, I loved it.  It was so glad and I'm so glad Mr. Barb and I watched it - he liked it too!  Finally we watched a lesser known new horror release, "The Axe Murders of Villisca."  It wasn't great but surprisingly, it wasn't really horrible either.  At least it was entertaining and sometimes that's all you can ask for.

As I mentioned last week, Mr. Barb and the pups got me a necklace for my birthday.  I picked it out and wanted something that would look cute, especially in the summer with t-shirts and casual wear. It really means a lot as the there are initials on it for the three boxers we've had that have passed away. It's designed to mimic dog tags and I think the artist did a great job.  The actual tag has crystals on it which don't really show up well in the photo. There are also 2 "C"s and 1 "B" for Cicero, Cooper and Barkley.  It's cute and it means the world to me so that's what's important.


Finally, I just finished "A Perilous Undertaking" so I have some new books on the stack to choose from.  Here's what might be up this coming week.

Make sure to stop by tomorrow because I hit the jackpot on some ARCs I desperately wanted approved for.  Until then, hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!


16 comments:

  1. What a pretty necklace! And I'm glad you enjoyed at least some of the movies :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That necklace must mean the world to you, like having your faithful companions always there with you. It's such a lovely gift. Speaking of furry guys I hope yours are in good health this week and that work is better for Mr Barb.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The furry guys are great and Mr. Barb should be transferring to another office in mid February. Thanks for asking.

      Delete
  3. I love that necklace!!! I hope you enjoy your reads, I seem to be in a reading rut, were nothing is just jumping out to me. It's totally me and not the books, but it's really bumming me out. :( Have a great weekend!!

    Stormi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really cool so I'm glad I stumbled across it. I hate reading ruts. I am finally pulling out of the Little Heaven slump.

      Delete
  4. That necklace is adorable and what a great way to honor your pups. I should do something similar to keep mine who have passed close to my heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should. I'll send you the Etsy link if you are interested.

      Delete
  5. I'll have to make sure to check out Hush sometime. I'm glad y'all had a great movie experience with it. :) The necklace is gorgeous! And it's wonderful that there's so much special meaning put into it. I'm eager to see what you think of Guardian of Secrets. Have a great weekend, Barb!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should be reading Guardian of Secrets soon. Definitely check out Hush.

      Delete
  6. That's exactly the kind of necklace I like! Love that it has the letters 😍 I'll be checking out Hush since you liked it so much my dear horror lover sista!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and yes, definitely check out Hush.

      Delete
  7. What a lovely necklace, Barb! I think it is very nice that it honors all of the dogs you have lost. I can't wait to see what books you scored this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thrilled with it and may end up ordering more from the artist in the future.

      Delete
  8. They changed so much for the Girl on the Train movie! Your necklace is amazing. I love it.

    ReplyDelete