Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Waiting on Wednesday (91)



"Waiting on" Wednesday" is weekly meme hosted over at Breaking the Spine which spotlights upcoming anticipated releases.












FROM GOODREADS: A riveting supernatural, southern gothic tale from Kit Reed. Readers of Joyce Carol Oates and James M. Cain will enjoy this unnerving tale.

Dell Duval has been living on the street since his accident. He can't remember who he was or where he came from. All he has is a tattered note in his pocket with an address for the Ellis house, a sprawling, ancient residence in Jacksonville. He takes up residence under the house in the basement unknown to the residents upstairs. He just needs time to figure out why he's been sent here.

In the house, Lane and her son Theo have returned to the family home—their last resort after Lane's husband cleans out her bank account and leaves. The old house is ruled by an equally ancient trio of tyrannical aunts, who want to preserve everything. Nothing should leave the house, including Lane.

Something about the house isn't right. Things happen to the men and boys living there. There are forces at work one of which visits Theo each night—Mormama, one mama too many.


WHY I'M WAITING:  A supernatural gothic tale - yes please!  Sounds like something I'll be thrilled to get my hands on. 

What are you waiting for this week???? 
 

16 comments:

  1. Oh man, this gave me the shivers! but I can see why you chose it! here's mine: http://editingeverything.com/blog/2017/01/18/waiting-wednesday-troublemakers-catherine-barter/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it sounds so creepy and wonderful!

      Delete
  2. Ooh yes! I can't wait for this. There's something about a photo of stairs leading up into the dark that creeps me out, so I'm looking forward to a scary read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds good. Nice and creepy. Love the picture of your furbaby at the top of the page. My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura. That's Booker T's "Don't bother me I'm on a walk" look.

      Delete
  4. Oo I haven't heard of this one before. It sounds fantastic though. I am definitely adding it to my TBR!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That does sound good! You are killing my resolutions to behave :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like something I would like. This is the first that I have heard of it so thanks for putting it on my radar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. Hope you love it but we have quite the wait.

      Delete
  7. I'm waiting on this one too! A couple years ago I read one of Reed's books, I'm interested in checking out more of the author's work.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to see what else she has out. Never even looked!

      Delete
  8. This does sound a little too creepy for me, to be honest. However, the family dynamics do sound interesting. Hope you enjoy it, Barb! :)

    Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting on my own WOW post!! HUGS!!! <3 :)

    ReplyDelete