Friday, November 27, 2015

The Wicked + The Divine Vol 1. - Some kind of crazy!

TITLE: The Wicked +The Divine Vol. 1: The Faust Act
AUTHOR: Gillen, McKelvie, Wilson & Cowles
PUBLISHER: Image Comics
PUBLISHING DATE: November 12, 2014

FROM GOODREADS:  Every ninety years twelve gods incarnate as humans. They are loved.  They are hated.  The team behind critical tongue-attractors like Young Avengers and PHONOGRAM reunite to create a world where gods are the ultimate pop stars and pop stars are the ultimate gods. But remember; just because you are immortal, doesn't mean you are going to live forever.

MY THOUGHTS:  I don't know if I just wasn't in the mood to read this book, or if it was because of Turkey hangover, but I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would.  The artwork is really nice and has bright, vibrant colors which I usually enjoy, and the story wasn't bad, but I was lost at times, but I don't know if I can blame the book.  I have heard such great things about this series that maybe my expectations were too high.  I do really like some of the characters, especially Lucie and The Morrigan, but others reminded me of a rip-off of Rhianna and scary Lindsey Lohan.  Nevertheless, I will be checking out the next installment if I can locate it at my library because it did sort of end on a cliffhanger and I want to know what happens next.

RATING: 3 Paws

No comments:

Post a Comment