Monday, November 2, 2015

Top 10 Tuesday - I Need These Sophomore Efforts NOW!

This top 10 weekly meme is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and can be found HERE.  Each week they focus on lists which cover various topics related to books and reading.  This week we are focusing on debut authors who have me looking forward to their sophomore efforts.  I haven't read a lot o debut authors this year, so I am narrowing my selections down to 5 (in no particular order).  I have also linked my reviews of their debut efforts.


Sophie Jaff.  I read Love Is Red, the first book in the Nightsong Trilogy earlier this year and was really pleased by what this book had to offer.  I can't wait to see what happens in the next installment, even though I don't think there is a release date at this time.





 Kim Liggett.  I was shocked at how much I enjoyed Blood and Salt a few months ago.  Although it has the dreaded insta-love element, there was enough other things going on that it didn't completely monopolize the book.  She seems to have a knack for thrillers/horrors and I know she has a few books coming out next year.




Pintip Dunn's Forget Tomorrow comes out today and I was lucky enough reading an advanced copy.  I didn't know a whole lot about the book going in so I didn't know what I was in for.  I love her writing style and that ending.....I need the next book NOW!





Dawn Kurtagich.  Even though I only ended up giving The Dead House 3 paws, I love Dawn's personality and love of books which can clearly be seen on her booktube channel.  This debut effort shows that Dawn definitely does not lack any creative and I can't wait to see what she comes up with next.





Scott Hawkins.  The Library at Mount Char was such a uniquely messed up book.  I felt so many emotions while reading it and if someone had told me the plot, and then said I would thoroughly love the book, I would have told them they were crazy.  I am not sure how he came up with some of the things in this book, but I am looking forward to hearing more. 

So who do you need more books from?  Leave me a link so I can check out your TTT.

12 comments:

  1. Scott Hawkins is on my list this week too. I'm really curious to see how he follows up "The Library at Mount Char." It was such a bizarre book, but so good. I wonder if his next novel will be just as twisted and strange!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I have not heard of a single one of these titles before now but I am planning to go check out the reviews you linked after I comment (or I'll forget that part lol). I realized doing this pick as well I don't read as many debut novels...plan to work on that though. My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only one I've read from your list is Pintip Dunn, and I loved her debut as well. Bring on her next book! Great picks! :)

    Nicole @ Boundless Bookaholic

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to read The Library at Mount Char. It sounds really interesting

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't really heard of these authors before (though I did see Blood and Salt on some other ttt lists). Great list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have only read one of those authors and even though I wasn't a fan of her style on her first book I do want to see what Dawn comes up with next!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I think you and I are on the same page with The Dead House. However, I am curious what she comes up with next because you can tell she has quite the imagination.

      Delete
  7. I really need to read LIBRARY AT MOUNT CHAR. I was trying to get to it before Halloween and ran out of time! (Not sure when that second Sophie Jaff title is due out, I've not seen it listed so far but I can't wait!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great list! So glad to see Kim Liggett! I loved Blood and Salt so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved both Blood and Salt and The Dead House. Both authors made my list as well. The rest I'll definitely need to check out. Thanks for sharing, and for stopping by my TTT earlier. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't read any of these! Thanks for the recommendations. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved Kurtagich's debut so much - it was so perfect that it's hard to believe it was her first novel! I'm really excited for Blood and Salt - heard fabulous things about it! Great list!

    ReplyDelete