Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Can't Wait Wednesday (102)

Can't Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted at Wishful Endings to spotlight highly anticipated books.  It is based on the Waiting on Wednesday meme which used to be hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.









FROM GOOREADS: Being shunned by Society gives Charlotte Holmes the time and freedom to put her extraordinary powers of deduction to good use. As “Sherlock Holmes, consulting detective,” aided by the capable Mrs. Watson, she’s had great success helping with all manner of inquiries, but she’s not prepared for the new client who arrives at her Upper Baker Street office.

Lady Ingram, wife of Charlotte’s dear friend and benefactor, wants Sherlock Holmes to find her first love, who failed to show up at their annual rendezvous. Matters of loyalty and discretion aside, the case becomes even more personal for Charlotte as the missing man is none other than Myron Finch, her illegitimate half brother.

In the meanwhile, Charlotte wrestles with a surprising proposal of marriage, a mysterious stranger woos her sister Livia, and an unidentified body that surfaces where least expected. Charlotte’s investigative prowess is challenged as never before: Can she find her brother in time—or will he, too, end up as a nameless corpse somewhere in the belly of London?


WHY I CAN'T WAIT:  I loved the first Lady Sherlock book, A Study in Scarlet Women, and am thrilled about the next installment.  Plus, isn't that an awesome cover??? 


What book can't you wait for this week???



26 comments:

  1. OMG, so behind I have the first one and haven't read it yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen Sherry's name bandied about but haven't read any of her work...yet.
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A Study in Scarlet Women was a great read. I think you would like it.

      Delete
  3. I remember your review of the first book, so I totally understand your excitement. And yes! I love that cover. I might have to try this series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a lovely cover. Wish the wait wasn't so long.

      Delete
  4. That is a gorgeous cover! I hope you enjoy it, Barb.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That IS a great cover!

    I'm a dork - I downloaded Freakonomics when it was on sale this week and that's what I'm looking forward to reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I do hope you enjoy it and that Rita is feeling better.

      Delete
  6. I haven't read the first one yet but I'm a big fan of anything Sherlock so I'll no doubt pick this up someday. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you like Sherlock I think you'd like this twist on it.

      Delete
  7. This cover looks beautiful! I hope you enjoy this book!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds intriguing - I hope you love it.
    Lynn :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I may have to try out this series at some point. It sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really need to read this series still. It looks amazing and I think that I would really enjoy it. Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is a beautiful cover. I haven't read this series yet, but it does sound good. Adding it to my TBR. Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh! I really like the look and sound of this!! I haven't seen this series before, so thanks for the addition to my tbr. :)

    Tressa @ Wishful Endings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should check out the first one. I really enjoyed it.

      Delete
  13. I did not know of this book! and how absolutely cool does it look? And I am intrigued by the addition of the siblings too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. There seems to be a slew of Charlotte Holmes books out there now! I have yet to read one, but the synopsis really drew me in. :) I hope you love this one Barb!

    ReplyDelete
  15. As you know, I've read "A Study In Charlotte", by Brittany Cavallaro. This novel also takes off on the concept of a female detective named Charlotte Holmes. However, in Cavallaro's book, Charlotte is actually a descendant of Sherlock Holmes, and she is assisted in her brilliant sleuthing work by James Watson, a descendant of the original Dr. Watson.

    I ADORED this novel!! Unfortunately, the second book in the series, "The Last of August", did not quite live up to the high standards set by the first one....

    Having stated all of the above, I'm ALWAYS open to any novels related to the original Sherlock Holmes, so I'm DEFINITELY interested in the one you're featuring here!!

    I LOVE the cover, I LOVE the cleverness of the plot in making Sherlock actually be a woman, and HECK, I just WANT this novel right NOWWWW!!! AWESOME pick, Barb!!

    Thanks for dropping by and commenting on my CWW post!! <3 <3 :) :)

    ReplyDelete